THIRTEEN

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey started.

They were showing pictures of all of the people who had gotten snapped.

They showed Wanda along with Ryan and Alexis bit down hard and dug her nails into the palm of her hand.

"World government's steps in pieces." Natasha continued. "The parts that are still working...are trying to take a census and it looks like he did...He did exactly what he said he was going to do. Thanos wipers out 50% of all living creatures."

"Took away people we love. He's a sick bastard." Alexis shook her head.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve answered.

Tony sighed, then pointed to Thor who was sitting away from everyone else. "What's wrong with him.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" Rocket replied.

"Yeah, we're all pissed off, tell him to get over it." Alexis muttered.

"Alexis." Natasha shook her head.

She gave Nat a dirty look before turning back to the others.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks not. Deep space scans, satellites, and we've got nothing. Tony, you fought him—."

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleeker Street magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There's no fight because you can't beat him."

"Oh and let's not forget I got stabbed while my girlfriend had to kill our friend, then she herself died thinking I was dead and my best friend died too. So therefore—."

"Alexis, I need you to calm down."

Alexis spun towards Natasha and walked toward her.

"You tell me to calm down one more fucking time, Romanoff, and watch what happens because—."

Suddenly, Steve grabbed her from behind and pulled her into his chest, not letting go of her.

"God, I saw this coming a few years back. I saw a vision and didn't want to believe it. Thought I was dreaming." Tony started.

"Tony, I'm gonna need you and Alexis to focus." Steve said.

"Oh, I'm focused, old man." Alexis responded, her voice muffled by Steve's shirt.

"And I needed you. As in, past tense, that trumped what you need. It's too late, buddy. Sorry."

Tony then stood up and knocked over something on the table.

"Dad." Alexis inhaled.

"You know what I need? A shave. And I remember telling all of you...alive and otherwise, that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world!"

He ripped out his IV.

"Tony, Tomy."

"Dad, stop."

Nonetheless, he continued. "Whether it impacted or precious freedoms or not, that's what we needed."

"Well, that didn't work out, did it." Steve contradicted.

"Steve." Alexis muttered, shaking her head.

She wiggled herself out of his grip.

"I said we'd lose, you said, 'we'll do that together, too.' And guess what, Cap? We lost And you weren't there. But that's what we do best, right? Out best work after the fact?"

Rhodey and Alexis went over to grab the man.

"We're the 'Avengers,' we're the 'Avengers,' not the 'Pre-vengers,' right?"

"Okay, you made your point, just sit down, okay?"

"Dad, listen to Rhodey, please?"

He looked at his daughter, then walked towards Steve.

"I've got nothing for you, Cap. I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust. Liar."

Tony then ripped out his arc reactor.

"No! Dad, stop it!" Alexis exclaimed.

He then put it in Steve's hand. "Here take this. You find him, you put that on, you hide."

He then dropped to the floor passing out.

"Dad!" She screamed.

Alexis knelt down next to him and looked up at Steve who looked away.

She couldn't lose yet another person she loved.