IV

September 17, 2000
-
Marshall's POV: As we sat down at the restaurant, discussing music and life. I could see she still wasn't letting up, I really messed up. I knew I shouldn't of made her wait for me to pick her up the other night, I truly didn't know what to do or say. Even though I apologized, she still was giving me attitude. She's a headstrong girl. I like that about her. It's definitely sexy. She care's about her music, and has the best work ethic. I feel I am hardworking, but she is way more efficient and determined. I asked her even more questions,

"So, where do you see yourself in a few years?" I asked, taking a sip of Chardonay. She smiled at me and thought for a long moment.

"Hopefully creating even more music, putting out a solo album at some point. Seeing where that goes for me. I won't stop till I reach my goals and dreams. There are bridges I have to cross, and i'll cross them someday, to get to where I want to be. What about you? You're already really famous." She asked.

"I see myself making more music and touring. But also trying to be around my kid's and wife.."

"How is your relationship with your wife and kids?"

I took a deep breath, "Well, me and my kid's are very close. They mean the world to me, I do all of this for my kid's. But me and my wife, we've been struggling. Our marriage hasn't been easy, not every marriage is easy. But she's done thing's that I do not like, and I believe we should'nt be together as of right now. We have only really stayed together because of the kids. I'm in a tough situation, I love my wife but thing's aren't working out like we thought it would." I admitted, realizing I hadn't talked much about me and Kim's relationship to anyone. Not even my friend's.

"I see, well I know you and your wife can get through this, just take it one day at a time. You want to take care of your kid's though, family is more important then music." She stated.

"Yeah, I am realizing that now." I gave a soft chuckle. After we finished eating, I decided to take her out on a walk. We began walking downtown, looking at the little shops and resteraunt's. As we strolled down the street, her body came close to mine, our shoulders touching as we walked. I felt her body give a slight shiver, making me stop in my tracks.

"Aye, you cold?" I asked.

"Yeah a little bit, but im fine though." She began to start walking again, I pulled my jacket off and stopped her again, handing her my jacket.

"Here, put it on, it's cold. I ain't wanting you to get sick." I smirked as she pulled it on. She gave me a small nod and smile.

"Thank you Em..." She whispered and put her hand's into the pockets. I nodded, we continued walking. We stopped at a bench, close to a lake. We sat down next to each other, looking up at the night sky and view.

"Do you come here often?" She asked.

"Nah, i'm usually not in LA. I am normally in Detroit. I haven't walked around LA in a long time, just normally here for meeting's and show's."

"I come here a lot, just to calm myself down. It's relaxing hearing the water at night. I like watching the sun go down, the sky becoming dark." She smiled at me and looked up at the sky. I nodded, listening to the wind swaying back and forth. She rested her head on my shoulder, giving a small sigh. I smiled at her, moving a piece of hair out of her face. We sat there silently for a long moment.

"Hey do you wanna head back to my place?" I asked, seeing her sit up steady. She shook her head,

"I would love to but I should probably be heading home soon." She spoke softly and stood up, grabbing her purse and giving me back the jacket. I pulled my jacket back on,