XV

November 25, 2000
Marshall's POV:

"He's calling me again! I can't fucking answer it." I brought the phone over to Proof and shook my head. "He's gonna kill me!"

Proof shook his head, "You have to answer it, you don't want him coming to your house do you?" He glared at me. I sighed and shook my head,

"No. But it's none of his business. And why would Bey tell him! She shouldn't of told him!" I snapped back. "I just don't know what to do. Should I call Bey and see what's going on?" I sat down at the kitchen table and proof followed, sitting down next to me.

"Just call him back and say there was nothing to it and you apologize. No feelings, it just accidentally happened." He commented,

I rolled my eyes, "Bro, it wasn't an accident though. I meant to kiss her! And her and Shawn aren't even together anymore. Why should he worry about it."

"Because even though she's single, that's still his girl. His ride or die Em. He rides so hard for this chick and would do anything for her. He loves her and Bey doesn't feel the same anymore. If you two get together there are gonna be some cracks in the road you both will have to go through. She would be dating a white rapper from Detroit! A white rapper. The tabloids would go insane. Just be careful Em, Shawn has a lot of people in his corner and shit could go haywire real quick." Proof sighed, "Just try to figure it out. I got your back though." He gave me a small smile and then left the kitchen. I sighed, rubbing my temple in distress. I guess he's right, Bey is still Shawn's girl.
—————-
November 29, 2000
The kids have went over to Kim's for a few days, which means it's just me in the house. I decided to run a few errands, making sure the house was clean and fridge was stocked. I haven't had time to myself and to fully relax since tour, so now I'm taking time to relax. I kept checking my phone to see if Shawn had called again and I got nothing. I sighed, holding tightly onto my phone. What was he going to do? Threaten to ruin my career? He could try, but it won't be happening, I have people behind me that'll ruin his career more than mine.

I folded laundry and finally rested on the couch, scrolling through TV. I heard my phone ringing and reached over to the coffee table to grab it, shocked to see Bey was calling. I quickly answered and put the phone up to my ear, "Hello?"

"Marshall what's your address?"

I chuckled, "Damn, you just gonna straight out ask where I live while we haven't talked in days?" I snapped.

"Marshall, please just tell me I'm at the right house. I'm by the gate." She pleaded. I slowly got up and walked to the front door, swinging it open looking out to my gate. How the hell did she get my address? I ended the call and began walking out to her, the sun was going down and it soon would be night, I pressed the passcode in and the gate opened. She slowly walked towards me and I stood in front of her, shaking my head.

"Why the hell are you here? Shouldn't you be with Shawn?" I questioned and locked the gate. She looked me up and down and let out a long sigh,

"Can we please talk inside? I came here to see you for a reason." She slowly began walking towards my front door. I followed her behind as we went into the house. I shut the door and stared her down,

"Why the fuck are you here? You gonna tell me why you told Shawn about the kiss?" I commented and walked back towards the living room. She followed me and leaned against the doorway silently.

"Marshall, I can't tell you how sorry I am for everything. How I walked out, how I acted towards you. It was childish of me and I really didn't know how to act. You kissed me and it was just too much for me. I had to think about what to do and say," she sighed and slowly came to say down next to me. I looked away from her and rolled my eyes,

"Yeah, it was really fucking childish. You could've at least said something to me." I leaned back against the couch, "Why the hell did you tell Shawn about the kiss? He's been calling me nonstop."

She stood up quickly, "He's been calling you?!" She yelled, "He wasn't ever suppose to call you! What has he been saying?"

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and handed it to her, "Look through my call list and see how many times he's called me." I demanded. "I haven't called him back at all. I know he's gonna rip me to shreds because you told him!"

"Marshall, that's not what I wanted to do-"

"Then what the fuck were you trying to do?!" I screamed grabbing my phone from her hands. Our faces were almost touching, I could feel her breath against mine. My hands cupped her face gently, our lips gliding together in synch. I pulled her in to me as it became heated, fighting for dominance. I sucked on her bottom lip gently, hearing her let out a small whine. I pulled back slowly, our foreheads inches away from each other.

"I don't know what I was trying to do..." she whispered, her hands sliding up and down my chest. "I'm sorry."

I kissed her forehead, "Don't be sorry..." I whispered, my hands sliding down to her waist. "Everything is going to be fine Bey, I'll figure shit out with Shawn aight? I got it."

She gave me a small smile, "Okay.." she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me in for another kiss, her lips perfectly against mine. Shawn ain't ever getting his hands on her again. She's mine.