XIV

November 25, 2000
9:00 PM
Giselles POV: Once I had got back home to Houston I wanted to be alone. I didn't tell anyone what had happened when we got home. I began unpacking my clothes and organizing my things. I heard my phone ring from the top of my dresser, seeing Marshall was calling. I declined for the 5th time since I've got home. I don't know what to say to him, I know I overreacted but I didn't know how to take it. I really do like him, but I know I can't be with him. At least not yet.

"Hey Bey, you doing okay?" Kelly opened the door slightly and peeked her head in. I let out a long sigh and shut my dresser door, and sat down on the bed, shaking my head.

"Kelly I really don't know what to do... I-I think I messed up real bad." I sighed rubbing my temple, "Marshall kissed me..."

"He what!?!" She ran to my bed side and sat next to me. "What happened after he kissed you?"

"I stormed out without saying a word. I didn't know what to say or do. He's been calling me nonstop since I've got home. I...I just don't know what to say to him." I replied and handed her my phone, "I know I probably hurt his feelings. It was just so unexpected."

"Well, you need to call him. We all know he has feelings for you and you have feelings for him as well. It's mutual, you guy's have something. You just need to know what you want. You have to make a decision Bey." She placed her hand on my back and pulled me into a warm hug. I rested my head on her shoulder, beginning to relax. She's right, I need to make a decision. Whether it is being with Marshall or not. I can't go back and forth.

Later that night I sat down on the couch, scrolling through TV sipping a cup of hot tea. My mind was on Marshall, wishing I hadn't acted the way I did. My actions get the best of me sometimes. I glanced over at my phone on the coffee table ringing. I sighed and opened it seeing it was Shawn, slowly I put the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey... I uh.. I just wanted to call you and see how you were doing." Shawn spoke softly, I could tell he was nervous calling me. I sighed,

"I've been fine, thanks for asking. How are you doing?"

Shawn let out a sigh, "Bey, I really have been missing you. You've been on my mind a lot. And I've been a dick. I've only been thinkin' about myself and not you and I really apologize for that. I do love you, you know that right?"

"I know you do... I just don't know if I can be with you right now. We need a break Shawn. I need time to myself. I just don't think we'll work out. I rather just be friends." I replied.

"If that's what you want... then it's fine with me. Just always know I love you and I'll always be here for you Bey. I got you."

My mouth curled into a small smile as I held the phone to my ear, "Thank you..."

"Of course Bey." He replied and we both went silent on the line for a moment. "So uh... did you go see Em in Anaheim?"

I bit my lip slightly and leaned back on the couch. "Yeah I did, the girls went with me as well. We had a lot of fun, it was pretty cool to see him perform."

"Yeah I bet, I would've loved to come down and see Em with you. How's he doing?"

"He's uh...he's doing good. Just been touring and that's it. He said he hopes your doing good." I slowly mumbled at the end.

"Did something happen when you were there Bey. Something sounds wrong..." his voice grew with concern. I bit the inside of my cheek,

"No, everything was fine. It was all good.."