Chapter 14- Are you real?

"Wake up."

A gentle voice guided you back out of the shores of sleep, dragging you back onto the sandy beach of consciousness. You wrinkled your nose. The thought of getting your toes covered in the sand seemed like a horrible idea. Coughing, you realized the dryness and sour taste in your throat. Sluggishly, you opened your wet eyes. Every eyelash seemed to weigh a ton on your eyelids.

"Here. Water." A gentle voice murmured into your ear.

Your eyes were too blurry to see, and you rubbed your tear-stained face. The bed dipped as a figure sat down next to you. A cold glass surface pressed against your face. You shifted away.

"Drink some water."

You turned to take the cup of water, finally facing the owner of the voice. The glass cup nearly fell out of your shaking hands.

"Careful!"

It was Sunoo.

Gently, you reached your hands and tried to touch the side of his face with the tip of your finger. "Are you..."

A heavy silence settled in and your fingertip froze a few inches away from Sunoo's handsome face. You felt like he was made out of glass. Something that would shatter at a single touch.

You swallowed. "Are you real?"

Sunoo gripped your hand suddenly and you flinched. He pressed your hand to the side of his face, his smile brighter than the morning sun shining through the half-closed curtains. A gentle, but electric shock seemed to overcome your body as your hand touched his warm face. A faint breeze rustled through the window, tousling his hair. You felt a tear slip out of the corner of your eye.

"S-Sunoo."

Flinging yourself onto him, he held you.

"It's okay. I'm here."

Author's Note:

Sorry readers! I've been updating at a slower pace because I haven't been feeling well. It's nothing serious! I will be uploading the next chapter shortly :D Please wait dear readers!