➷𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙪𝙧 #01

"oi Wilbur, you've got mail dickhead"

tommy's aggravated voice dragged Wilbur back to reality as he slowly stood up to check what tommy had brought in from the mailbox. what he expected were bills, advertisements, maybe that thing he ordered off amazon, but he was pleasantly surprised to find a letter- but not addressed to himself. He scanned over the contents of the envelope, seeing that it was from someone named Hannah- pretty name- the brunette thought to himself- however the name it was addressed to was extremely familiar- as he thought back to what the owner had told him when he moved into his apartment.

as will looked around his new office, he noticed there was small dents in the wall near where the desk was, and he felt somewhat concerned. The relator looked over to see the his worried expression and quickly tried to salvage the lease, saying a simple apology. "oh. sorry about that. the last person who lived here- James, I think it was- he was a messy bloke and fucked up some of the walls with his plants and hid it so he didn't have to pay. willing to send people to fix it if needed- sorry 'bout that mate." Wilbur still wasn't set on the office space, but it was an easy fix as there were only one or two holes anyway. apartments at this price are hard to find on the marker at this time of year anyway. "i'll take it." he uttered before walking out the door with the relator, paperwork in hand..

"shit." will said softly as tommy peeked his head through the doorframe, wondering what the man was thinking of. As if wilbur heard his thoughts, he gave tommy an answer to his previous upset- "this was to the person who lived here before me. apparently he moved to France or something" wilbur muttered softly while twiddling the letter between his hands.

"well," tommy looked at wilbur with questioning eyes, "why dont you just open it? you live here now anyways" the teen said nonchalantly before walking out into the kitchen to make himself some lunch.

as wilburs fingers opened the envelope with ease, the man took a second to admire the craftsmanship that went into it - when he took a closer look at the paper, he could tell it was handmade. there was a small heart on the back, with the stamps being placed uncaringly on the paper. As he pulled out the contents inside, his eyes feasted over every word in the letter, only for the man to immediately regret his decision- this letter was more private than he thought it was going to be. even as the guilt flowed through his chest, he continued to read the letter, pouring his eyesight over each and every word, drinking the words up like a child hearing something he knew he shouldn't.
as he finished the letter, his mind was cluttered with nothing but fury and pure anger. who the fuck did this guy think he was, treating his girlfriend like that? genuinely despicable... wilbur thought as he came to a conclusion that he was going to write back, it was the least this girl deserves right? he told himself softly.

as the man stood up from his seat and walked over to his desk supplies, he pulled out a sheet of grid paper and a fountain pen, and began writing to this mystery girl.