➷𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖𝙝 #01

♡︎

hannahs eye's softly opened as the sounds of the city around her, as her phone dinged beside the bed at which she slept.
softly groaning as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, the brunette looked at her phone to see many "GOOD MORNING" messages from her friend, george. typing and sending a quick 'morning george', she glanced around her, absorbing in her surroundings and ripped off the covers of her bed. standing up and walking to the kitchen to grab herself some coffee and breakfast, hannah popped a muffin into the toaster as she sat on the bench beside her. turning on her phone, hannah put on some spotify as she popped the bread into the toaster, while her mind wondered elsewhere; somewhere filled with james. the apartment still felt like him, wherever she went a memory of james flew into the girls mind, filling her with sadness and anger.
a soft meow stopped hannahs thoughts immediately, the girl realising she had curled herself up into a ball on the floor. she was crying.
"hey, moggy." the girl said quietly with a sniffle. the cat softly ran her head against hannahs knee, trying to comfort the obviously upset girl. hannah pet the cats head softly, giving mog a quick kiss before standing up.

"i should check the mail..."

the girls blood ran cold as her mind flooded back to the letter she had sent to James and guilt swallowed her whole.
why did she feel the need to send him that letter? he was clearly over her, and she knew for a fact she would have been dragging him into a life he obviously wanted to leave behind. 'it was a fucking dumb idea' she muttered softly before walking over to her mail slot, and as she looked inside horror painted Hannah's face.
there was a letter.
a fucking letter.
quickly taking it out and looking at it, she felt immense relief as she realised the letter wasn't from James, but a boy named wilbur. hannah wasn't sure why he was mailing her- she'd never met anyone by the name wilbur; the name reminded her of an old victorian boy. dragging herself back to earth, she swiftly opened the envelope, and as she quickly read the short letter she was filled with embarrassment and regret. hey, at least he admitted he shouldnt have read it... hannah thought as she payed attention to the last few sentences, but stopped as she saw the writing that had been crossed out- he wanted to hangout with her. As much as she hated it, warmth piled up inside her, and she wondered if this was her second chance. her second chance at life, at love, at well, everything.
the girl ran to the other room and grabbed a paper and pen, and got to writing a response letter, it was the nicest thing she could have done in that situation.

she knew it was stupid, but it was worth a shot, wasn't it?