❤Thirty Nine❤

JAYDEN'S POV

"The team misses you man. Couch was disappointed at first but he got over it." Dylan says before gulping down the vodka shot.

I look at the dancing bodies in front of me trying not to think about anything. I had come to the club to clear up my mind but I bumped into Dylan. After I left the team I had never contacted anyone else since I was engrossed in finding Leo's killers who turned up to be the people I trusted enough to be around Leo.

My grip on the glass intensifies before I feel it being taken away. I look up to find Dylan looking at me with what I imagine to be pity. Irritation grows at the same time I want to hit something so bad.

"What?" I bark at him and he scoffs.

"You've changed man. You used to be this cool easy going Jayden. You used to be the cool basketball star." He says and I feel my features harden and for the first time he looks at me differently.

"I'm not that Jayden anymore. Don't think you know me." I say. Dylan looks at me with no expression and I take my glass from the table and continue sipping my drink.

"Hey baby." A voice purrs beside me and I see a hot girl putting a hand on my bicep. I don't say anything and she takes that as invitation and she moves in front of me then sits on my lap. I look at Dylan to find him looking at us deep in thought.

"I'm Kim. What's your name sexy?" She says in a low voice and if this was months ago, I'd have started kissing her but I'm not in the mood.

"I'm not interested." I say and stand immediately pushing the girl and I start walking away without a care. Shit! I'm drunk. I stagger to the door but when I almost lose my balance, I feel a hand hold me. I look up to see Dylan and I push him away.

"I'm fine dammit." I say and continue walking. "A cab. I need a cab." I tell myself as I walk to the road but Dylan stops me. He insists on taking me home and I don't argue because I'm so fucking tired.

***************

"I can't believe you'd do this to yourself Jayden." I hear my mother's voice say before water is spinkled on me. I wake up as fast as I can and see my mother standing there with a sprinkler.

"What the hell mother?" I ask still confused. I look around and notice I'm in the bathroom at home. My head hurts.

"I raised you better than this. You can't just waste your life drinking away." She scolds and more water is sprinkled onto my face. I raise my hand to block the water but it's too much.

"Mum. Stop dammit!" I say and seconds later she stops. I glare at her and she lets out a breath

"Take a bath. You stink and after this you and I have a talk. You have some serious explaining to do young man." She says before walking to the door. She stands for a second and looks at me.

"Chap chap!" She says and I move slightly in my wet clothes.

"Get me some painkillers." I say before she completely shuts the door.

I get out of the bathroom ten minutes later feeling better even though my head is still pounding. I walk into my room and straight into my closet and take a pair basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

I find my mother sitting and reading some papers as Leah walks in with a cup of coffee. I look at her and find she smiling and I smile back at her.

"Here you go son." She says handing over the cup and I thank her. I see a body next to her and I turn to see Dylan looking at me.

"Thanks." I mutter lowly after Leah leaves.