Chapter 13: Masquerade Part 1

"The closing years of life are like the end of a masquerade party, when the masks are dropped." ~Cesare Pavese

**

Mykia POV

I sat up wondering how the hell I got here. I was in my own bed. Last time I remember I was with Harry at that place.

"Morning sunshine." Harry walked in with his shirt off and joggers hanging dangerously low.

I had to pry my eyes away before I attacked his abs. "You bought me here."

"Yeah. Your a heavy sleeper. Those pot brownies must have wore you out." He said leaning against my door.

"Wait. Pot brownies? You gave me pot brownies!" I yelled.

"Woah. Slow down baby girl. You gave it to yourself."

And then it all sink in. The memories from yesterday. From how I was trapped in that house, to me finding the brownies and eating them, and when Harry came to get me.

"Oh gosh, please tell me I wasn't embarrassing." My cheeks flushed.

"Honey, you were way past embarrassing. When we got back here you tried to get me to have sex with you." He took a bite of the toast he had in his hand before he continued talking. "But I wouldn't take advantage of a girl who's clearly not in her right state of mind."

I don't know whether to be ashamed that I tried to sleep with Harry or flattered that he actually cared.

"Thank you." I gave him a crushing hug.

"Don't get use to it." He grumbled but hugged me back anyways. "Hey there's breakfast on the table."

I walked into the kitchen and saw eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and toast all on plates in the middle of the table.

"You cooked this?" I asked amazed.

"Yes. Amazed?" He said.

"I'm beyond amazed and happy as fuck that I don't have to do any cooking cause I can't." I smiled.

After making a plate of everything I sat down and took the first bite. "Oh god. This is so delicious." I moaned taking more bites.

"Are you over there having a foodgasm?" He said.

"You have no idea. I didn't know you could taste heaven." I again moaned in delight.

"And to think I was the only who can make you moan like that." Harry shook his head clearly hurt. But oh well food is life.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I asked when I was finish eating and we were now sitting on the couch.

"My mom." He said but there was a certain tone in his voice hinting he didn't want to talk about her. So I didn't push any further.

A ding went off signaling Harry received a text. He picked up his phone looking over whatever the text said.

After a few moments he finally spoke. "Would you like to attend a Masquerade ball with me?"

I didn't even have to think about my answer. "It would be an honor Mr. Styles." I said with a elegant voice.

He laughed. "I'll pick you up at five. Look nice." I watched as he got up and walked out the door.

"Wait." I called out. "I don't have much money to buy a nice dress." I frowned.

He pulled out his wallet and gave me 5 100s bills. I have him a curious look. "You don't think I rob banks for the fun of it?" He laughed and I just shook my head closing my door.