Chapter 19

Kenma's POV

"Are you sure...???"

"Mhm."

"But, Kenma, I don't-"

"I trust you to take care of him. And if you don't, then I'll kill you." I said, Kuroo looking worried. 

He and I both knew that my heat was near. And even though there was a guarantee that I couldn't get pregnant again, neither of us wanted to risk sending Kuroo into a rut with me again. At least not right now. 

So... I told him that I want him to keep Haru for the week and watch over him alone while I deal with my own heat. We weren't sure what I'd do, but, Kuroo said that I could stay here and he would go to a hotel, though I feel bad for him having to do that. But I also have nowhere else to go. 

"You'll let me know when your heat is over??"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'm gonna go get Haru then." Kuroo said and started to head to Haru's room.

"Hey.. wait." I mumbled, Kuroo turning around. I walked over to him quietly before having to stand on my tip-toes to give his cheek a kiss.

When I pulled away, the alpha looked at me wide-eyed. I blushed and looked away before clearing my throat.

"...Thanks." I said, Kuroo smiling and giving me a hug. I stayed still before hugging him back. It'd be nice to have Kuroo help me this week, but I know that it'd be better right now for him to take care of my son.

"Oh, and Kuroo?"

"Yeah?" 

"Uhm... Haru's an alpha, like you. So.. just, be patient with him. He gets into fits easily."

"He's an alpha?"

"Yeah. They did a blood test. Guess he really got your genes, huh?" I said with a small smile. Kuroo smiled faintly and nodded before saying he'd go get Haru and leave before my first wave of heat hits me. It made me nervous, but I do trust Kuroo. 

Kuroo's POV

"Wow this place has a pool!" Haru said happily when we walked into the hotel. I laughed while holding his hand as he looked all around. After we got to the room and unpacked, Haru tugged on my arm. 

"Can we go to the pool?" He asked. I checked the time before nodding. It wasn't too late and it'd be a good way for him to burn energy. If he was an alpha like Kenma said, he's going to be a handful.

"Alright, we can go to the pool. Now aren't you glad I told you pack a swimsuit?" I asked, Haru nodding and going to the bathroom to change. Once he was changed, I took him to the pool and sat while he splashed and jumped into the water. 

Haru looked at home in the water. Makes me glad. He seems so happy, and is obviously well taken care of because of Kenma. Now I know it's my turn to take care of both of them. I do wonder though if Kenma will ever tell Haru he's also my son. 

My attention was drawn back to Haru when I saw he bumped into another young boy. The two stared at each other shyly before getting into playing with each other. 

It wasn't until the pool was close to closing that the two boys got out. Haru ran over to me while the other boy ran over to his mother. I grabbed Haru's towel and started drying him off some as he looked at me.

"Can he come back to our room to play?" Haru asked, pointing to the boy.

"Hm? Well, it'd have to be alright with his mother." 

"Can you ask?"

"Heh, alright. Come on." I said, holding his hand and walking over. When I walked over, the mother smiled at me. She must've noticed that the two were getting along well, too. 

"Hi!" She said as her son and Haru started talking again.

"Hi. I'm Kuroo. I was wondering if it'd be alright if your son comes to our room to play with Haru some more? You're free to come as well."

"I think that sounds well. Hey, Makoto-" She started, but saw the two boys smiling and sitting on the ground showing each other toys they had.

"Looks like he agrees." I said with a laugh. The mother nodded and stood up.

"I'm glad to see he's making a friend. He can stay with you, but, would you mind bringing him back to my room in an hour so we can go get dinner? My room number is 215."

"Of course."

"Wonderful! Makoto, come here. Come on let's get you changed, and then you can go with Mr. Kuroo and Haru for a while." She said as her son got up and ran over. She went to the little changing room with him before coming back out with him in dry clothes.

I talked with the mother some more before we headed our separate ways. After reaching our room, I got Haru changed and let the two boys play. Makoto must be an alpha too... the two wouldn't stop climbing on and wrestling each other. 

Once they finally settled down, I gave them each some water while they sat together.

"So, Makoto. What're you doing here?" I asked, Makoto smiling happily. 

"My mom and dad and me are moving here. But dad said the house isn't done yet, so we have to stay here." He said while taking another drink. I nodded with a small smile. I'll talk to his mom after I drop him off, maybe if they were moving, he and Haru could see each other more often.