(is it) the end of the world

Childbirth is so calming.

Said no one. Ever.

Well, unless they were early patriarchs who don't know shit.

Because literally, the only thought in Miranda's head as she tried to breathe through her contractions was that she needed a new vagina.

And of course, the whopping sequel: I'm never going to have sex again.

Well… she might reconsider that later.

On other matters, Ben was nowhere to be found.

Miranda gritted her teeth. Not in pain, but in annoyance. The nurse said Addison was already on her way, but there were no signs of her husband.

(His absence really wasn't helping with the 'never-going-to-have-sex-again' thing.)

The door opened, and Addison smiled at her. Miranda sneered in response.

"Okay! So, we are having a baby. Miranda, I will start by examining your cervix." She was chirpy, and cheerful as she grabbed some gloves, which made Miranda more bitter.

Addison sat on a stool in front of her legs, and gently pried her legs open. She felt the familiar feeling of fingers between her legs, and she winced, uncomfortable.

"Alright. We are 6 centimeters dilated. It's still a long way to go." Addison stood, removing her gloves. Do you want pain meds?"

Miranda shook her head. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"Did I stutter?" She snapped, then sighed. "Sorry, my husband is nowhere to be found."

Addison nodded in understanding. "Well, I suggest you stay in this room while you wait for Dr. Warren. I'll be back in an hour to check on you again, alright?"

Miranda nodded, groaning as a contraction ripped through her body. "Yes," she gritted her teeth.

The neonatal surgeon left the room, and Miranda huffed, sitting up. She took her time as she pulled her gown down her body, and she stood up, heading to the door, seeing her intern, George O'Malley, and her mentor, Richard Webber outside her room.

"What are you people doing here?" She frowned at them. She didn't need a swarm outside of her room. She needed her husband.

Richard looked at her, concerned. "Well, are you alright? Can we get you anything?"

Miranda raised an unimpressed eyebrow. "A girl, the size of a 7-pound bowling ball, is making her way out of my body. Can you get me something for that? Can you get me a new vagina?" He stuttered as he looked at George. "I didn't think so!"

She inhaled sharply, before backtracking. "Look, everybody, I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine. It's just childbirth."

"Miranda," Richard insisted, and she blew out a breath. "You were in bedrest for 8 weeks. We have a right to be concerned."

Miranda kept herself calm as a contraction ripped through her body. She rolled her eyes as it finished. "I'm fine, Chief. All I need is my husband, who should've been here by now."

She tried to peek at the lobby, hoping to see Ben, but he wasn't there.

"I'll page him, I'll track him down." George nodded. "I got it, Dr. Bailey."

Miranda sighed in relief. She trusted O'Malley. "Alright, go away, give me some privacy. I don't wanna see any of you again until after the baby is born." Richard grinned, smiling at her. "Which, if she does like I told her to and stays on schedule, should be in about 4 and a half hours." She turned around to go back to her room. As she was inside, she turned back to face the two of them, who didn't move an inch. "I mean it!"