22| V E N T I-D U E

ALESSANDRO'S POV
[ one of our favorites ]

I returned to the window and saw that the sun had grown weaker. Beautiful and clear as it had been, the morning was becoming damp and misty. Heavy clouds moved from the north and were invading the top of the mountain, covering it with a light brume.

It seemed to be fog, and perhaps fog was also rising from the ground, but at that altitude it was difficult to distinguish the mists that rose from below and those that come down from above. It was becoming hard to discern the bulk of the more distant buildings.

It was five in the morning, when my alarm went off. I reached my hand and forcibly turned it off while groaning. I don't usually hate mornings this much but I really wasn't having my moment today. I didn't want to wake up. No I don't want to die, I'm not suicidal. I just didn't like what I woke up to.

I was having a much better time sleeping. It's almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.

I barely got any sleep last night, rolling from one side to another. I kept waking up from time to time. Last time I woke up was at five am. The quality it had then, in fresh untempered sunlight, was neither faerie nor austere; the changing shadows of dusk and midnight had vanished with the darkness, the rain, walls, roof and towers were bathed in the radiance that came only in the first hours of the day, soft, new washed, the delicate aftermath of dawn. The people who slept within must surely bear some imprint of this radiance in themselves, must turn instinctively to the light seeping through the shutters, while the ghostly dreams and sorrows of the night slipped away, finding sanctuary in the unawakened forest trees the sun had not yet touched.

Back to the present, long story short, last night was living hell. I saw everything in the world build up and then everything in the world fall down again. Can't blame myself for having a rough night.

I quickly got up and hopped into the cold morning shower to open my eyes and help me get started off with the day. Brushed my teeth and wore something comfortable. Some mornings you have to remind yourself that you got through yesterday and you will get through today as well. You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you're not passionate enough from the start, you'll never stick it out. Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.

I started packing my stuff, getting ready for my flight today. I had to go to Armando, in Verona, to help him out. Yes I needed a partner but I came out with no results. And there's no way in hell I will give up, this is one of the things I love about myself. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how impossible it looks like, it's always worth a try.

Nothing is really impossible. The word impossible is something the pessimistic side of you makes you believe. Everything is meant to be reached, it just takes a matter of strength, power, and positive mindset. So I'm going on my own.

I made my way outside, walking down the hallways, past Venom's room. It was dead silent, I felt like shit yesterday that she didn't accept me. I thought she was going to just think about it but turns out she straight up rejected it.

We were supposed to work together as partners, Although Armando wasn't a part of the deal. I still felt this feeling inside me.