forty eight: the mark

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA WARILY LOOKED around, keeping her head as low as possible. Her and Regulus' hands were intertwined together, the action being enough to comfort the both of them. They knew where they were. They actually come here a lot. But there was just something different about Malfoy manner that night. Something almost sinister. Something a little darker.

Bellatrix stood outside of the main dining room, a small smirk displayed across her face. Lyra felt sick to her stomach. Without saying a word, their eldest cousin simply held the doors open for them, the four members of the Black family entering the room quietly. Lyra didn't dare look up. She didn't want to. She didn't have to.

She wasn't exactly sure why, but as soon as she walked past that door, the one that had just locked behind her, she felt this immense wave of power. Not hers, but one that was recognizable, maybe even similar in a way.

"Ah" a voice began. Neither of the 'twins' recognized it, but they both knew who it was. "You've finally arrived" The young witch slowly raised her head, not knowing why she did so. There was just this aching feeling in her gut telling her that she had to do it.

First, she saw Mason. His parents were sitting on either side of him, all three staring down at the table. Then, she spotted Rabastan. The only other Lestrange in sight was his older brother, Bellatrix's husband, Rudolphus. Next, her attention turned to Jaxon. He was alone. She silently wondered where his family was and why they weren't present.

What surprised her though, was Evan Rosier and his mother and father next to the boy. They seemed so out of place with the rest of them.

And finally, as she allowed her gaze to trail towards the head of the table, she saw the man that entirety of the wizarding world feared, Lord Voldemort. She didn't even have to question his identity. The aura around him was immensely dominating, sending shivers down her spine.

"Please" He held his hand out, gesturing towards the chairs on his left. "Have a seat" Before he could utter another word, Walburga harshly gripped onto Lyra's wrist, Orion doing the same with Regulus as dragged them towards the empty spots. Mason watched them cautiously. He didn't understand why they were all here. All of his friends, but no one else.

Once the Blacks were settled in, The Dark Lord folded his hands together, placing them comfortably in his lap. "I understand that this may be confusing to you..." His voice was drawled out, attempting to keep all of the ones who didn't know what was happening in the dark as long as possible. "But I have a cause"

Voldemort stood from his seat, the ends of black robes dragging against the floor as he slowly began to walk around the table, circling them as if we were his prey. "I see innovation, improvement, strength. I see freedom, advantage, power. I see a world where filthy little mudbloods won't ever lay a hand on what's ours again"

Lyra felt her heartbeat increase. "A world where we will be the superior race, and we can finish what Grindelwald failed to do all those years ago" A smile slowly arose to his lips, one of pure malicious intent. "We can finally bring down the selfish Albus Dumbledore" Each of the parents and adults around the table cheered, supporting his thoughts and visions as they clapped. It was clear to see where they stood.

None of the kids moved a muscle. Lyra kept her head down. She wasn't wondering about why any of them were there anymore. She understood. She understood about what each of them were about to go through. She understood that she, nor did they have a choice.

"Each of you will be joining my ranks, as offered up by your guardians" There it was. The truth. The one that they all knew they would have to face someday, but one that they also never thought they'd have to face so early. "I am aware that you're young, but sometimes that can be used in our favor"