forty seven: void

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA AND REGULUS have been at the Potter's home for two days, now. They've been contacting Mason regularly, the boy informing them that their parents have been oddly quiet. The trio could only assume the worse. This was too suspicious for it to be nothing. However, there wasn't much any of them could do, so they decided to just leave it alone for now.

Narcissa was meant to write them at some point, but they assumed she was off enjoying her honeymoon and new life as a married woman. They didn't want to bother her.

Currently, all four teens, seeing as Remus and Peter had already left, their families wanting them home, were situated in the garden behind the Potter manor. Lyra was lying down, head in James's lap, Regulus leaning back against the stone wall, twirling a piece of grass between his fingertips, and Sirius crazily prancing around without a care in the world.

The eldest Black took a dramatic breath, making sure to catch everyone's attention. "It's bloody hot out here. Can we go inside?" he whined like a child. Lyra rolled her eyes. "Then stop running around and have a seat" she deadpanned. Of course the boy was going to be sweating if he spent the last five minutes quite literally zooming back and forth across the garden.

"But running around is fun" he defended, crossing him arms over his chest. Regulus raised his eyebrows as if he were trying to say, 'seriously?'. Wanting to avoid a silly little argument, James spoke up. "We can go inside. I think mom's prepared lunch anyways"

"Yay!" Sirius squealed, immediately running towards the back door. The other three teenagers simply watching him with incredulous expressions. "How are we bloody related to him?" Regulus questioned, shaking his head as he followed after his brother. Once he was fully inside, James looked down at his girlfriend and smiled. "I love your family"

She furrowed her eyebrows, sitting herself up as he immediately pulled her back into him. "Even Reg?" she asked. Of course she didn't mean it in a bad way, it's just that she never really saw them interact that much. And she remembered that first time they truly talked to each other in the train almost a year ago, he had basically threatened to hang the boy upside down if he crossed him.

The Gryffindor nodded. "He's like this little brother to me. I came to bed late last night 'cause I was with him discussing quidditch. He's bloody smart that one. I'm sure he'll be taking over once Burke leaves"

"You guys were talking?" Lyra murmured, a small smile toying at the ends of her lips. It was important to her that her friends got along with her boyfriend, but she definitely valued James and Regulus' relationship the most. Her heart warmed at the idea that he even considered him as something like a little brother. It isn't a title James would just throw around.

"Mhm" he hummed. "He's a strong-willed little git, though. He kept bashing on me about liking Puddlemere when his favorite team is the Harpies!" James huffed, Lyra beaming at his little rant. It was adorable and she was definitely going to tease Reg about it later.

"Come on, you big baby. It's time to go inside" she teased, standing up and offering him her hand. He pouted, playing into the role before intertwining their fingers, Lyra struggling to pull him up all the way. James laughed at the amount of effort she was exerting.

They kept their hands wrapped around each other as they walked towards the door, the sounds of voices beginning to fill their ears. James frowned before entering his home, the voices unfamiliar to him. He didn't realize that his girlfriend had practically stopped breathing and was beginning to have a literal heart attack. He only looked down at her once he felt that she had let go of his hand.

"Ly-" Before he could even finish calling out her name, she had already ran forward into the room to the left. The living room. The young witch came to an abrupt stop, sucking in a short breath at the sight before her. There stood her parents. Or, well her 'parents'. Walburga and Orion Black were comfortably settled next to each other, cold expressions on each of their faces. Regulus was standing in the center of the room facing them, Sirius ridged in his seat huddled next to Euphemia.