fifty two: not the first time

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

A GRUNT ESCAPED from Lyra's mouth as her back hit the floor. "You need to try harder" Rebekah said, brushing the dirt off of her pants. "I am trying" the witch grumbled, slowly picking herself up. The blonde vampire had volunteered to teach the young girl how to fight and defend herself, due to what had happened just yesterday in the alley.

"No, you're not trying. You spend too much time thinking" Rebekah retorted, raising an eyebrow. "You would never survive against a boy an inch taller than you, let alone a vampire" Lyra sent her a flat look. "Thanks. That was very comforting" she sarcastically drawled out. She huffed, pulling her hair back and tying it up. "It might help if you actually tell me what to do rather than just letting me run at you, and then you throwing me onto the ground" she deadpanned.

Rebekah only smirked. "You need to be able to anticipate my moves" The vampire slowly began to circle the girl. "Study me. Do I seem like I'll strike first? Wait for you to strike? Or am I just a coward who has a big mouth? Analysis is key" Lyra frowned, watching her movements cautiously. "How am I supposed to do that? You're a vampire. I'm just human"

The blonde tilted her head. "No, you're not" She sped over to Lyra, unclasping her necklace and quickly moving away. The Black shot her hand up to her throat, turning around in surprise. Her magic began to flood back in waves. "Stop — I need it back!" the witch desperately called out, her head already beginning to throb in pain.

"All this time you've struggled with control. The purple in your eyes, the migraines, it's all just signs of your magic begging to be released"  Rebekah safely tucked the necklace away in her pocket. "Emotions are a big part of it, I agree with that. But the side of you that has been suppressed for the last sixteen years isn't the same"

Lyra brought her hands up to her head as she attempted to calm her heartbeat. "Your magic is tied to nature. It created that half of you" Rebekah looked at the girl with sympathy. She could see how hard she was trying. She could also see that it wasn't working.

"You've been searching for an anchor, and you're probably confused as to why that brother of yours hasn't worked. Or a friend back at home" The blonde walked toward, kneeling down right in front of Lyra. She's grown rather fond of the girl, mostly because of the impact she's had on her half-brother. "But that isn't what it needs. It needs you to find yourself. You as a person. It needs you to ground yourself to the earth, connect with the more natural side of things. That's how you'll learn control"

Lyra did her best to focus. She removed her hands from her head and placed them in the grass below her. She took a deep breath, feeling the blades between her fingertips, the rough soil just below it. Strangely enough, she felt a little calmer. "Nature is a beautiful thing. It created you for a reason. Now pick yourself up and fight" Rebekah instructed. She was all about girls supporting girls.

The young witch thought about the leaves surrounding them, the roots that were buried into the ground. She had never really considered this to be the foundation of her magic. I mean, Kol had mentioned to both her and Regulus the other day that nature created witches and witches created everything else. But she didn't really think the connection ran this deep.

Lyra slowly raised to her feet, the energy around her electrifying. Her magic was guiding her, allowing her to feel what was going on in the surrounding air. She closed her eyes. Rebekah frowned. The blonde wasn't sure what she was doing. Instead, Lyra only smirked. She may have blinded herself visually, but she's never been able to see anything clearer before.

Rebekah used her speed and charged the girl, the Black moving to her right and twisting her hand, causing the vampire to flip onto her back, just as she did only minutes ago. The Mikaelson landed with a thump, blinking almost as if she wasn't sure what had happened actually happened.