Chapter 2 - Diving into a new world

6th of November

I was walking home from school with my two friends, Asada Shino and Shinkawa Kyouji. It had been a few months since the Beta test ended and the official release should be today.

"So what do you guys plan to do when you get home?" I questioned while skipping, eager to get home.

"I'm planning on getting rest and... maybe cook for my mother and I" Asada said as I groaned.

"Well, that's boring~ what about you Shinkawa-Kun?"

"Well..... lately, my parents have been pressuring me more since my brother is quite frail.... and he's been playing a lot of MMORPGs lately, so..."

"Oh? Your brother plays MMORPGs too huh? Why not try to play with him? I'm sure it's fine for you to relax every now and then."

At this point, we reached a place where we needed to part with Shinkawa as Asada and I lived fairly close to each other.

"You think so?"

When Shinkawa asked, I nodded with a smile as he walked off before waving us goodbye.

If he were to stay any longer, then it was possible that his parents could get mad at him.

Honestly, I wanted to help him with his family situation, but it was not my business to do so. All I could do at this point was to support him in his future endeavors.

"Asada-san?" I said while walking with the girl in glasses. She was wearing the Japanese student sailor uniform.

"What is it?" She asked while looking at the ground meekly and holding her bag behind her back

"I was just thinking... umm.... so, say if I were to say I like you, what, would you accept my... feelings?"

"Hnn? Well, I.... I would tell you to wait until I'm strong enough to accept your feelings. I still have to fight through my problems after all."

"Oh no, I understand. You can take your time, I'll wait... until you can accept."

I said while biting my lip. It was embarrassing to say in front of a crush. Like this, while trying to gather up the courage to talk, I kept walking with her, until—

"This is my stop... s-see ya."

"Ah.... yeah." She said that while walking away.

Somehow feeling a warm sensation in my chest, I decided to run home and went upstairs to my bedroom before sinking my face into the sheets of my bed, kicking the sheets feeling giddy while screaming into the pillows which muffled the sound.

Then, at this point, I felt something hard on my bed and found out that there was a package which had a crumpled note attached to it. It was probably like this because of me rolling around in bed while suppressing the butterflies in my stomach.