Chapter 12 - Kobold troopers

The game had launched at one o'clock PM on Sunday, November 6, so in three hours, it would be exactly four weeks since it all began.

There was still the fear of whether or not the stats of Illfang the Kobold Lord, boss monster of the first floor, had been altered since the beta.

If the king of the kobolds was only as tough as I remembered him being, it shouldn't be impossible to get through the fight without any fatalities, even with our limited levels and equipment.

It just depended on whether or not everyone could remain calm and perform their duties knowing their lives were on the line...

"Alright you guys, meeting! Huddle up." I said as my team, Team H gathered around.

However, "Not you!" I kicked Kirito towards a hooded figure. Asuna the fencer had distanced herself from the group.

"Are you sure that's fine?" Koharu asked with a worried expression.

"Yeah. He needs to socialize every now and then. Plus, Asuna needs help with these kinds of things. Plus... They look cute together, don't you think so?"

"I guess they kind of do? The shy boy and the Tsundere..... they could become quite the couple. Now I can kind of see why you'd want to watch them become one. It could be interesting."

"Right? Watching their development and even instigating it is fun. You get it, Koharu."

Saying so, I looked over and saw that Kirito was awkwardly talking to Asuna as I let out a sigh with a bitter smile.

"Anyway, how about you guys? I want to know more about your positions and duties."

I questioned, gesturing towards the two behind her. They seemed hesitant at first, but was reassured by Koharu who gave a small nod.

"Well... I'm Aiko. I'm the one who usually does the aggravating." Aiko introduced herself with a strained smile.

"I'm Yuuki, nice to meet ya. I do the attacking."

Yuuki said that with a friendly smile, giving off a pleasant feeling.

"Ah. Nice to meet you. If you do the Aggravating then someone needs to hold on to potions and heal. Koharu would you mind?"

"Well, I wouldn't mind." Saying so, Koharu let out a sigh and shrugged.

"Thank you. It's only for now, don't worry. Anyway, there are potions in our temporary party storage. However, it would be best if you had some with you."

I explained and with a swipe of their hands, they pulled out potions from their inventory. Koharu even had the good kind.

At that time, I thought that she must really hate the taste of potions.

Though, I don't really blame her since they taste like ogres' armpit sweat. Then,

"Hey," came a decidedly unfriendly and irritating voice from behind as I spun around with a sigh, already knowing who it was.

A man with short brown hair fashioned into spikes stood before me.

I crossed my arms, clenched my teeth and furrowed my eyebrows.

Of all the people I expected might talk to me today, Kibaou was not one of them.

He glared at me and growled,

"Now listen up and listen good. y'all stay in the back today. Don't forget your role: You're our party's support, nuttin' more."

"...Whatever you say cactus face. I'm not the one arguing with a tenager. Act more like an adult will you?"