Chapter 10 - Strategy meeting

There was no discussion of any strategic value at the meeting, but it had apparently served the valuable purpose of bolstering morale.

At the fountain-side meeting in Tolbana that evening, the blue-haired knight proudly announced his findings.

The boss was an enormous kobold that towered over six feet tall. His name was Illfang the Kobold Lord, and his weapon fell into the Curved Blade category.

He was attended by three Ruin Kobold Sentinels with metal armor and halberds.

"Get yours here! There are things similar to the beta. From what I recall, the sentinels respawned with each of the four stages of the boss's HP bar, making a total of twelve over the course of the battle. However, please keep in mind that there may be changes from the beta test!"

I spoke out loud, while waving around a pamphlet. Three sheets of parchment bound together, ーArgo's First-Floor Boss Guidebook.

ーPrice: zero col.

I thought that I could at least distribute them since I've already been outed as a beta tester and it would be terrible if I didn't do at least this much.

I looked around and noticed that Argo was nowhere to be seen. Though, I couldn't blame her. There was still a possibility that she could be hunted down.

On the other hand, it was clear that this guidebook would remove the need for tiresome and dangerous scouting missions.

Once all forty-eight players had finished reading, they looked once again to the blue-haired knight standing on the lip of the fountain, as though putting their decision in the hands of a leader.

Diavel's head stayed down for many long seconds, deep in thought, before he finally straightened up to address the crowd.

"Let us be grateful for this information, my friends!" The crowd murmured.

This was clearly a call for peace with the beta testers rather than antagonism.

I thought Kibaou might leap up to protest, but the brown cactus haired man near the front of the gathering stayed firmly in place as we scowled at each other.

"Thanks to Keika and the beta testers, this guide is going to save us two or three days of scouting out the boss. I'm actually quite grateful for this. It's the reconnaissance missions that carry the greatest risk of fatalities, after all."

Heads of various colours nodded throughout the square.

"If these figures are correct, the boss's numerical stats aren't too dangerous. If SAO was a normal MMO, we could probably take it out with an average level threeー no, five levels below the enemy's. So if we work on our tactics and come equipped with plenty of pots for healing, it should be possible to win without any deaths. No, let me rephrase that: We're not going
to have any deaths, period. On my pride as a knight, I swear this to you!"

Someone in the crowd raised a cheer, and a round of applause followed. Even as a twisted solo in a party of only two, I had to admit that Diavel had a gift for leadership and was impressed at his words.

The guild function didn't unlock until the third floor, but he would certainly have his own on the day we reached that far. Likewise, I also plan on having a guild at that time.

Then, once again, Diavel opened his mouth and raised his voice.

"All right, now I think it's time to actually start planning out the battle! After all, we can't start taking roles until we've formed a proper raid party. First off, form into parties with your friends and others around you!"