Chapter 13 - Illfang the Kobold lord

"Kirito! Flash-san!"

While sounding as if I was a parent parent caring for his children, I yelled after them, trying to persuade them into not charging in, but they did so anyway.

Kirito knocked the sentinel's axe high overhead as I followed up with several slashes, which shaved off a part of its HP.

The next moment, Asuna shouted the command to <switch> on her own, and leapt in with her new blade.

We quickly went back into our original formations of:

ーAsuna, Kirito and of course, me.

ーYuuki, Aiko and Koharu.

Diavel's team C took down the first HP bar, team D was responsible for the second, and now teams F and G were the main attack force halfway through the third bar, leaving Team H with the Kobold Sentinels. The worst that had happened so far was the tanks in teams A and B going down to the yellow zone on their HP.

No one had fallen into the red danger zone yet.

Team E and Team H had made such easy work of the kobold's helpers that team G, the other backup group, was able to switch over to the main boss.

What stood out to me most was the effort of Asuna the fencer. piercing the throats of the Kobold Sentinels with ease and precision using her <Linear>.

The amount of time it took from initial motion to damage infliction had to be half of the ordinary time when allowing the automatic system assistance to take over.

She truly is a terrifying force of nature. And to think, she still only knows one sword skill.

That one truly does possess the skill to possibly become number two. I can no longer deny that claim. At this rate, she may even become number one.

A shiver ran down my back at the thought of her limitless potential if she added more knowledge and refined her instincts.

If possible, I wanted to see that transformation happen with my own eyes perhaps even capitalize on her and squeeze every drop of Cor from her, but I quickly stashed that idea away.

Asuna and Kirito were just finishing off their second victim as I deflected its blow.

Meanwhile, to the side, there was Koharu and her group which consisted of Aiko and Yuuki.

The twins seems to move in sync, one completely understanding the other and together with Koharu's lead, they were working together flawlessly to kill off Kobold sentinels that had strayed off from Kibaou's team.

Ruin Kobold Sentinels were rare monsters that did not spawn anywhere else, so even if they weren't as lucrative as the boss itself, they still dropped plenty of experience, cor, and of course, item dropss, which are good for a merchant like me... maybe I can buy it off them for a small price since she's new but... that would be cruel and I would never be able to be in the same party ever again.

However, in contrast to this, the money was set to automatically divide between all the raid members, but the experience we gathered were shared between our party members. However, the looted items were a bonus for inflicting the killing blow.

For that reason, it seemed Kibaou wanted Team E to do all of the killing itself. However, my team who were the supposed "Castoffs'," were dispatching our targets at a rate, much faster than their party.

Surely he couldn't complain about that. But just as the thought passed through my mind, Kibaou's gravelly rasp and annoying voice, issued from behind me.