Chapter 9 - Prejudice

I was lying down on my back and felt a soft material underneath me. It was quiet. Not a single sound of monsters growling or the rumbling of loud heavy footsteps.

My eyes fluttered for a moment as they opened.

Then, suddenly as I felt movement from my chest, I looked down. There was someone snuggled up in my arms, while giggling. I looked around and Kirito was nowhere to be seen.

"Hmm? Ah, mornin' Kei-boy d'ya sleep wellー" Hearing the familliar voice, I instantly pushed the person off.

"Argo? What happened? How long was I out...?" I questioned as Argo got up slowly.

"1,000 Cor and... no nevermind 2,000 Cor and i'll tell ya." She replied with a smirk as if taunting me.

"Give me a break, I just got out of the Labyrinth..." I said groggily.

"Well, Kei-boy ya passed out. Ya could've figured that out on yer own if ya tried hard enough and you just suddenly pulled me in for a hug, so...." Argo shared while smiling.

"Hmm, I see. I guess I needed comfort after sleeping in the Labyrinth surrounded by monsters..." I spoke and at that moment I heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

"You're awake huh? You can rest more if you want it's still about 2 pm."

Kirito spoke while holding a plate with three tea cups.

"Ah no i'm okay"

I replied, taking one of the tea cups, before turning to Argo.

"In any case, what are you doing here? What's your business with us?"

"I was wondering that too. She said she'd explain when you woke up."

Kirito pointed out as Argo nodded, putting on a serious expression before opening her mouth to speak.

"The price for your swords has been raised to 28,000 Cor."

"28,000 i'm guessing that's the price for each sword?" I questioned with a hand under my chin as Argo nodded.

"That's right, but i'm guessing the answer is still no?"

"Well, it's not exactly easy to part with such a good sword that has gotten me out of so many tight spots."

"Yeah sorry, but Kirito is right, no matter how much Cor is offered, the answer is still no."

Kirito and I explained. Hearing this, Argo sighed with a slight nod.

"I expected as much and I already told the client that last time."

Hearing this, I began contemplating the possibilities of gaining 56,000 Cor.

However, I couldn't find a reason to sell the <Anneal blade+6> which had an enhancement of,

[ 2S2A2D] +2 sharpness +2 Accuracy and +2 Durability.

In the first place, the anneal blade I have in my hands was upgraded by a certain female blacksmith, that would surely be mad if I sold the sword in question.

"The hush money is about 1000 Cor right?" Kirito inquired as Argo calmly nodded.

"That's right. Are ya willing to raise?" Argo shared as Kirito looked at me with a questioning look.

"It would be a waste of time, energy and Cor. We'd end up losing a fair amount and even if we do win, it's like we lost anyway. I must say as a merchant, i'm kind of impressed..."

I said with a smirk and turned towards Argo who had a cheeky grin.

"Nyahaha why thank you. When I sell someone information, at that instant the story that <Someone bought such and such information> is born."