Chapter 16: The Day Straight From Hell

The minute the suddenly super long song was over I bowed at the roaring applause and ran backstage.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." I started to hyper-ventilate. I groaned and gave the stage hand my microphone. My guitar was taken from my hands and put away. My heart was racing, adrenaline laced my veins as stress tears began to pour out of my eyes. I sat on the ground up against the wall and watched the other performers whiz by.

"Will the performers for Ms. Larned's physical education class make your way backstage?" Mrs. Friedman said into the microphone. I pulled myself together and wiped away my tears. I jumped to my feet and began to stretch a little. Finally Zayn came backstage. We stared at each other for a moment until I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was caught off guard but soon wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"It's was so scary." I gasped for breath as the stress began to build to tears again.

"Shh Jessica, its ok." He pulled me out to arms-length to look in his eyes, "Babe, you were amazing." He smiled and hugged me again. I smirked weakly and walked up to Harry and Louis.

"Nice job." Harry said and gave me a crooked grin. I tried to hold back my smile as I hugged him. I looked at Lou. He avoided my gaze to hide his blushes.

"Well, I'll be over there." I sighed and walked back to Zayn.

"Remind me again why you talk to them?" He said rather rudely. My eyes widened into a glare and my lips pressed together in a tight angry line. Hearing that comment made my original hatred for him boil up inside of me.

"They're. My. Friends. Zayn." I growled and went into serious dancer mode.

"Whoa there, Jess just chill." He said with his original arrogance I thought he lost.

"Just stretch or I will cut off an appendage." I snarled and stretched my back.

"Jessica Andrews and Zayn Malik to the stage." The speakers boomed.

"Lovely." I sighed and scratched my ear where the microphone was placed. Zayn went to sit at the piano with me at the outskirts of the stage. He began playing the notes as we practiced many times before. I stepped out, making my way to the piano. "The situations turned around, enough to figure out...that someone else has let you down." I finally made it to the piano.

"So many times, I don't know why." Zayn chorused.

"But I know I can make it, as long as you say it..." I sang and hoisted myself up onto the piano.

"So tell me that you love me, yeah." We sang, "And tell me that I take your breath away. Baby if you take one more, I would know for sure. There's nothing left to say."

"But tell me that you love me anyway." I smirked and slid off the piano. I sat beside him and pounded a few notes on the keys with him to look cute. "Waking up beside yourself," I laid my head on his shoulder and got up to the other side of him. "And what you feel inside," I pulled him up when another person came to continue the piano, "being shared with someone else."

"No where to hide, I don't know why." We sang as we began an intricate sequence of steps with turns and dips and all that flashy stuff.

"But I know we can make it, as long as you say it."

"So tell me that you love, me yeah. And tell me that I take you breath away. Baby if we take one more, I would know for sure. There's nothing left to say."

"But tell me that you love me anyway." I smirked and kissed the tip of his nose to add that extra cuteness factor. "Show me, look what we've found."