Epilogue

a/n: use the song 'Sana'y Di Na Lang' for background on this epilogue.

Epilogue

The last thing we could do for someone we love is to be happy even though we are not their happiness. To accept in ourselves the truth, that we can't replace the person in their heart. They said, acceptance is the key to finally let go, to finally move on with someone. Letting go is about accepting what is happening right now and not worrying about what will come up tomorrow. Why do you keep choosing to be hurt when you know in yourselves that you can let go to stop the pain? Why do you still even cling to it when you can find someone who's better?

I want to see his smile, their smile, and their eyes, the eyes that telling me that letting go of him is the right thing that I do, that my tears are worth it because at this moment, he found his happiness with Abby.

I used to think, what if he chose me over Abby, what will happen? Five years had passed but I am still the old Kien that pretending that everything is okay. I am still the girl that crying every night because of the pain. They said, time can heal all those wounds in our heart but what happened to me?

I am still suffering from this pain five years ago. I am still facing this dark side of world, the memories that I won't let go. I've let go of him but that not means that I should let go our memories too. No. I won't. I am stuck on this chapter, I will face this no matter what.

I am strong enough to handle this thing, I am born to fight this world, this is not an ending for me. Later, I will say that five years is enough to handle their presence, that I am ready to see their smiles that breaking me into pieces but now, I should be happy. Happy in their happy ending, my two bestfriend's happy ending.

I am happy and in pain at the same time because I fell in love with my bestfriend who loves someone else.

I knew that, letting go is painful because it does only means you need to get rid and free yourself from the sweetness of the past, which the memories you treasured the most. Things that became a part of yourself. Imagine, letting go is like burning yourself, it hurts but the things will vanish as time goes by.

Don't seek for their affection, don't plead for it. Let them be. Someday, they will realize, while their busy collecting stones, they'll lose the diamond. Avoid wasting everything because of them, they're not worth it. I knew that being in one sided love relationship is the most painful. You are pretending to be okay when in fact you're not. It's okay not to be okay, remember that.

One-sided love is not love. It's a battlefield.

You're battling your emotions. You're battling your feelings. You're battling reality. You're battling everything people are telling you and believing your fantasies. You're battling your own intuition. Your gut. Your logic. Your heart. It's a battle you can't win. A war you can't stop. It's losing over and over again. It's surrendering to something that will eventually destroy you.

One-sided love is not love. It's heartbreak.

It's one person giving and the other one is taking. It's one person loving and the other is not even moved. It's one person always hoping for something more while the other is avoiding the subject altogether. It's one person willing to do anything to make it work and the other is not even thinking about it. It's one person always crying and the other one is always laughing.

"I do"

"I do"

My heart is not functioning well, it's aching right now but the smile is plustered in my face. The tears are falling from my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Ash asked.

"Yes, I am. I am just happy"

"Don't fool us"

"It is not your fault to fall for him. But keep in mind, try to get out of him soon. It does hurt , but five years had passed Kien, move on. Trust us when it comes to love, you can never force a person to love you. Love is a beautiful thing which must be mutual. As we see, he is happy with Abby, let it be that way. And it is pointless to dream of something which would never happen considering about your dreams of being with him. One day or the other you too would find the love of your life . So think it as an infatuation and move on. You would be happy . And always make yourself busy involved in something or the other task which would make you happy." I nodded.

Being hopelessly inlove with someone who doesn't feel the same way about you can totally suck.

Letting go is about accepting what is happening right now and not worrying about what will come up tomorrow.

It involves much more than just saying you have let go. It's an internal process that must happen for you to truly feel better and get on with life in a healthy way.

In a time to come, you will finally learn the manner of letting go and accepting. The pain you are feeling right now will eventually gone. Someday, you will genuinely look up to them with bright smile and at that moment, you will say, 'that person was my happy pill'. Help yourself to move on and accept the things that maybe the cause of the pain. No one knows the best for you aside from yourself. No one can help you aside from yourself. Seek for the light and avoid the dark. There will always a point in all of our lives where we need to let go. We need to let go of the past: the hurt, unmet expectations, loss, hopes, and dreams. It is a healthy way to move on. We cannot possibly continue to move forward in our own lives if we are constantly holding on to that chains and bar of our past. To end the pain, use the art of letting go because it is 100% tested and proven.