Chapter 14

I woke up early and got ready for the day before putting a clean set of my professor's robes on as I headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

When I entered, Harry called out for me from down the hallway before you get to the doors that enter the Great Hall.

"Good morning Harry." I smiled as I waited for him.

"Good morning Professor." He replied as he smiled back before we entered the Hall together.

"Did you need something from me this morning?" I asked.

"No, I just wanted to say good morning." He replied, almost as if expecting an outburst, which made me frown a little before I smiled down at him.

"I appreciate that Harry. Now, eat up. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." I smiled as I patted him on his shoulder.

"Of course." He replied with a big smile before he sat down.

As I began walking to the professors' table, I made eye contact with Snape, who was glaring at Harry, making me hold in a sigh. I also noticed that it was only Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Hooch, and Sprout at the table. Though, Hooch and Sprout sat on Dumbledore's left, while there was an empty seat directly next to Dumbledore, then there was Snape, and McGonagall.

Deciding to take a risk, I sat between Snape and Dumbledore, earning a slightly shocked look from both of them.

"Good morning Professors." I smiled as a plate of food appeared in front of me, along with a cup of tea.

"Good morning, Jinx." Dumbledore replied with a smile.

"Morning." Snape grumbled.

"Did you sleep well, Severus?" I asked softly, making him look at me with furrowed brows. "What? Can I not talk to my old friend?" I asked as I frowned at him.

"No, I didn't sleep well. I haven't for 19 years." He replied with a sigh, making my frown deepen.

"Neither have I." I sighed.

"More premonitions?" He asked.

"No, I haven't had one of those for 19 years." I replied.

He nodded a little.

"You don't like Harry much do you?" I asked softly.

"Why would I?" He asked as he glared softly at me.

"Because he's her son, and I know you always wanted to make her happy. Hating him because he looks like him and has her eyes isn't what she'd want." I replied, barely loud enough for him to hear.

"That's not it." He sighed.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." He replied as he looked at me, showing his sadness in his eyes, but not his face.

"We'll talk about it later, okay? Over tea?" I asked with a hopeful look. "I want to talk to you about other stuff as well." I added, making him try not to smile.

"Meet me in my office then. It's Slughorn's old one." He replied, making me nod before I finished eating and stood up with McGonagall.

"After dinner?" I asked him.

He just nodded a little before he stood up as well.

I smiled at him before I followed McGonagall to our classroom.

When we got there, she immediately turned to me looking speechless.

"What was all of that?" She asked.

"What? Me having a civil conversation with my old best friend?" I asked as I looked at her confused.

"That sounded more like you just asked him out on a date!" She replied, making me sigh as I sat down on my desk.