reckless .15

ricky heard the doorbell ring and let out a sigh of relief. he looked in the mirror in front of him, checking to see if he looked alright. the boy sprayed one more spritz of cologne before rushing down the stairs.

he eyed his living room to make sure everything was tidy, straightening out his pillows or slightly moving his plants. ricky took a deep breath and calmed himself down before he rushed over to the door.

when he opened the door, he was greeted with a cheeky smile on nini's face. he looked down in her hands to see the girl holding some coffee.

"hey!" nini chimed once she finally saw ricky. the boy cocked an eyebrow up at nini and chuckled.

"coffee at..." ricky checked his watch and laughed, "at seven in the evening?"

"well.. what else were we gonna drink with our donuts?"

"you mean my donuts?" ricky challenged back at nini. the girl shook her head and laughed. ricky looked at nini with a cheeky smile as he leaned against the door frame.

"so ... are you just gonna stare me freezing out here or let me inside?" nini pointed out. ricky quickly moved over to the side and motioned for nini to come in.

"my bad," ricky answered after closing the door. nini just shrugged her shoulders and took in her surroundings.

"wow... definitely not your parents house," nini stated. ricky came next to the girl and gently took the coffee out of her hands while the girl still stared at the house in awe.

ricky's house was not what the girl expected. she was so used to his modern, marble, black and white mansion that he once lived in while they were still in high school. instead, ricky lived in a smaller home but it was beautiful. it was emerald, gray, and had plants everywhere. it was much more cozier and home-like than nini was anticipating.

ricky scratched the back of his head and let out a laugh, "ah yeah, kinda went overboard with the green but i still cant get over it

ricky scratched the back of his head and let out a laugh, "ah yeah, kinda went overboard with the green but i still cant get over it... i just really like it for some reason? i don't know."

nini shook her head and nudged the boy, "what are you talking about? i think your house is absolutely stunning. i really love it bowen."

"really?" ricky asked a bit caught off guard, "lily kinda hated all the green. she said i should've went with a more cleaner white look."

"well i think the green looks amazing," nini answered, "it's different and ... it makes me feel cozy.."

"me too," ricky softly replied as he looked down at nini in awe, "honestly, it's hard not falling asleep everywhere — like geez, especially when it's raining."

nini smiled and let out a sigh, "well maybe i should change my interior to something like this too. it's so hard to fall asleep at my place for me."