ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇs

Double update ay?🙃

⊱𝙸𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚊⊰

I shouldn't have taken this phone with me. I shouldn't.

My mind was all over the place throughout Mrs. Nwimo's double period of CRS. And it's all because of a text message I received from an unknown number just after the morning assembly.

A threat message.

I tried to think of ways or events where I could have offended anyone, but I had nothing. What could I have even done that would warrant something as far as a dangerous threat message with my name included?

"As far as I'm concerned, you are not here at all," Oma whispered beside me. "What's wrong?"

The thought of showing Oma the message crossed my mind, but the last thing I want is to get anyone worried when it's only a few weeks to our exams. After all, it's just one threat message.

"Nothing," I turned to her with a small smile. "I'm just tired." I closed my CRS note and leaned back into my chair.

"Idera and Omasirichi." Mrs. Nwimo called out, drawing the class's attention to us.

"Is there a problem? The both of you are not even listening to me at all."

"Sorry ma." I apologized while Oma said nothing as I expected. Mrs Nwimo turned back to face the board and continued her writing.

Oma leaned back into her chair, folded her arms and muttered to my hearing.

"Sorry, not sorry ma'am."

I stifled the laughter that was about to burst out at that moment and nudged her arm. I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of my blazer, but didn't bring it out as Mrs Nwimo chose that minute to face the class.

"Last week I began the teaching of the mission of the disciples. Who can give me a recap?"

No one said a word and no one was going to, because Monica Ebele wasn't in school. She would have been the first person to have her hand up.

"Recap kill you there." IK Duru grumbled to the hearing of everyone except Mrs. Nwimo and we laughed.

"What is the laughter for?"  The laughter died down immediately. 

Her scrutinizing eyes roamed the class and for that period, I had my heart in my mouth, praying that she wouldn't choose and embarrass me in front of the entire class.

"Oya you." She pointed to someone at the back of the class and I breathed out in relief.

Thank God.

I turned back to see who it was, when she called out the person's name.

"Jidechukwu, stand up and tell the class what I taught last week."