e e r h t y t n e w t 2 3

| T W E N T Y T H R E E |

drifting fantasy

"I saved up this month. I didn't know your size so I went for the large. You like them?"

Yibo chuckled, "Ge, you think too highly of me. I like them but they're still too big"

Xiao Zhan was embarrassed, his thin-skinned self not helping at all, "My bad. You must already own a lot of branded clothes anyways. These are nothing special"

The clothes back into the shopping bag, Yibo handed them out, "Sure.."

A second to process and Xiao Zhan's face dropped like never before.

....sure?

Disappointment unwilling to stay hidden, he awkwardly held his hand out but to his surprise, Yibo didn't let go. Instead, as the other exerted more force, he pulled both the bag and Xiao Zhan together toward himself.

Their faces were close, Xiao Zhan stuttered, "Wh..what?"

"Don't be like this.." Yibo tried, "You bought me something for the first time, how can I not wear them?" he looked like he was coaxing a kid, "I'll bulk up for you Ge and till the time I do, keep them safe and wait for me, alright?"

Back then, the pink that'd spread all over the older's face, Yibo wondered, was that actually real? because today, it felt much like a phantom, one so vivid yet obviously untrue.

"Why? Why he.."

He wanted to protest but killing someone, the murderer least deserved the right to enquire.

When he'd first met Kun, Yibo was quarter the size he was today. They were childhood friends; okay, not really, they actually weren't close at all.

While he himself had an icy relationship with the other, Mr. Wang had always adored Xukun, Mrs. Wang too, when she was alive. After she'd passed away, Mr. Wang's adoration grew darker and deeper before Yibo's eyes, he undoubtedly loathed it, loathed Kun.

But that was long back, way back. He wasn't petty enough to have that remembered but standing years later, finding himself in the same position again, it got him questioning, 'Why always him?'

He was wrong to examine, to seek but even if he was, a convicted criminal, in the end, was still the same lump of flesh; undeserving but he could hurt too, the fire that spared none, unfortunately burned him the same too.

Xiao Zhan sighed, as if he wanted to let go but was still conscious of leaving, the once held breath impatient yet wary.

He had explained all he could. Despite not knowing why he had to, the look on Yibo's face was enough for him to spill it all out.

What was he looking so wronged for?

Before the whispering plight, Xiao Zhan could only yell, "My son was sick, he vomited all over the guy! It was Yian who took the clothes out for him, what did you want me to do? Ask my employer to leave as he reeked of my son's puke??? And that too, just because the clothes he's been handed over were bought for my ex? .... Yibo, you're the rich kid here, not me!! I work hard for a living, dancing around doesn't get me food, you hear me?"