e n i n 9

| N I N E |

dont leave

Xiao Zhan was sound asleep, having spent almost half of his night trying to get himself tired he had finally dozed off at about 3 in the morning, the person who'd usually be up at about 6 was still comfortably rolled up in bed but could you really blame him?

The day before had been the most eventful one ever, after coming back home from college, he had asked Yian to wait for him in his room while he'd get something for lunch but getting back, he had caught a sneaky Yian instead. Despite the warnings that he had given him Yian had still stubbornly called Yibo, snatching the phone away, Xiao Zhan had come across about eight more missed calls from his phone to the other's, he had almost had a heart attack, in a whim he had ruthlessly scolded the poor kid to tears and just when he was about to console the other, an uninvited Yibo with a confused Lulu had arrived.

Xiao Zhan wasn't an unreasonable blockhead, he wouldn't just scold his 6-year-old for calling the guy he was so fond of when he himself had let the number be there but that just wasn't the case, Xiao Zhan had talked Yian into not calling Yibo and not disturbing his dear Gege because he was a busy man and the boy had even promised him thereafter, with that he had deleted the number without further arguments but who knew that Yian would actually be smart enough to memorize the whole number and resave it. 

When Yibo had walked out, Yian had sadly come over to his messy-looking Papa and repeatedly asked him if he'd scolded his Yibo Gege, despite all the shit that he was going through Xiao Zhan was in no mood to yell, with a little shake he had casually walked up to the kitchen. He had avoided Yian the whole day, even Lulu who probably had so much to ask had kept her mouth shut. He knew that he was wrong, that he was acting stupid and immature but before an adult, a parent, a man, he was still someone with a heart, someone who could feel pain, someone who had gone through a lot, in the end, he was just a mere human after all.

Yian twisted and turned, hair wet because of sweat, the kid's eyes were tightly closed but you could tell that he was in pain.

"Pa..pa" He called, half asleep, his voice came out low, almost soundless.

As if on a watch, Xiao Zhan slowly opened his eyes, he looked dazed but still managed to notice his baby almost about to fall off the bed. He woke up with a jolt. "Baby?" His hands stretched to pull his kid to himself.

Yian rarely got nightmares but when he did, he would gradually grow numb, almost sick. Xiao Zhan slowly rubbed his hands against the boy's back, he felt so miserable seeing his son in the state that he was in.

"Papa ..."

The older's grip on the other tightened, his heart drowning in despair.

"Don't leave" The kid's voice was low almost inaudible but surprisingly those two words echoed loudly through his Papa's head.

"I'm not leaving, I'm not" He whispered.

Yian slowly relaxed under the other's touch.

After a few minutes of silence, Xiao Zhan asked "Did you have a bad dream?"

With his head buried into his Papa's chest, Yian was comfortably huddled into the other's lap.

"Uhm,,.I thought Papa left me"

Xiao Zhan felt even more miserable. He shouldn't have been so harsh. He shouldn't have avoided the kid like that, "I would never leave my baby" he coaxed.