o w t 2

| T W O |

why

Mr. Wang Zihao had everything he could have asked for, a loving wife, two amazing sons and with the country's most successful empire dancing on his palms, he was no doubt a man of fortune but like the inevitable cold after the warmest of summers, his wife's death had eventually come to haunt his fairly beautiful life.

Leaving a little one of only five and the eldest of only ten, his wife had left, left forever.

It had taken him a long time to adjust to that empty bed; taken him so much courage to face his sons, to tell them that their Mum would now, never come back.

He was broken, so alone but somehow he had managed, managed to not change, managed to not sabotage the little lives his wife had left behind for him, he had managed to become the father he ought to, although it hurt he had managed to not keep hurting.

"Dad?"

Haikuan slid into his Dad's library. The old man smiled taking his glasses off. Kuan had just landed in B City from a week-long conference in S Town and like every single time spent away from home, he would never once miss paying his Dad a visit.

Kuan had always been the expressive one among the two siblings, he was also someone who got attached very quickly and was always considerate of others' emotions; despite the busy life he lived, Haikuan still did an impressive job in giving his personal life the care it deserved.

Although papa Wang acted okay, he certainly always wasn't, he needed people to take care of him and Kuan was more than happy to be able to do so.

After an hour-long discussion on the recent business stats, Haikuan had already sensed the approaching climax of their boring conversation, he looked at his dad who was expectantly looking back at him.

"It didn't work out Dad, I told you it would take me way longer to propose!" Haikuan retorted, his face changing colours from green to red.

"What are you so worked up for? I didn't say anything, did I?"

A week before the conference in S Town, Mr Wang had reached out to the organizers asking them for the list of invitees, and soon he was informed that the director of AR corps. would be sending his only daughter to the conference, having known of Haikuan's advances towards the young heiress, Mr Wang too had successfully managed to convince his son to go.

"Its surprising how both you and your brother came from me yet you are so different. One cannot even propose after a year of healthy pining while the other keeps getting into dating scandals every week" Mr Wang chuckled.

"You believe those rumours, Dad?" 

Leaning by the door frame, Wang Yibo looked at his Dad and then at his brother. The look of surprise on their faces made him want to laugh.

Unlike both of his parents or his elder brother, Yibo was quite gruff. He didn't bother putting someone else's sentiment before his own, he was known to have an arrogant front but it was this very arrogance that made people fall for him, he wasn't necessarily insensitive but calling him empathetic would also be an overstatement.

Nevertheless, there was still much one could love about him. He was playful and nice to be with, once you'd get close he'd instantly warm up, he was a hardworking man and he loved what he did. Yibo like everyone else in the world was a little too simple but still tougher, he was a mystery but really, aren't all of us the same?

Having both his sons visit at once, Mr Wang was ecstatic. He immediately asked them to join him downstairs for dinner. The Wang residence which was always too quiet finally gripped the liveliness it had long missed.

"So, you did date Miss Qi, didn't you?" Haikuan asked as they conversed.

Mr Wang had excused himself since he had an important call to take. Leaving only the two brothers in the dining hall, relationships were easy to discuss.

"We just sneaked a few fucks on set, that's all"

Haikuan paused as he rested his chopsticks, "You seriously-"

The older never had the best appetite, even the one he'd forced for the family dinner, he was worried he had lost. Haikuan watched as Yibo gnawed on his chicken, completely unfazed. His baby brother was quite a menace, so evil.

The man sighed, "Tune it down a little Yibo. You scare me."

He picked up a succulent piece of meat and added it to Yibo's bowl. "I heard you picked up a new project recently, how is-"

"People that fuck scare you?"

Wang Yibo had his eyes on him. He was jumping on the wrong rope and he knew it very well. The man sought answers yet he was afraid to directly ask for them. He had a perfect aim, but with an intentional tremor, Yibo missed the point on purpose. Haikuan could tell.

"I just wonder if you'll ever actually get attached to someone Yibo" He explained, watching the younger's eyes shift, Haikuan noticed him turn pale so quickly that he almost thought the boy was choking. Just as he was about to question, Wang Yibo immediately stood up, "I think I should leave"

"What-" Haikuan blurted, utterly shocked. "What's wrong all of a sudden?"

Yibo's eyes were listless.

"Wang Yibo?"

As if startled awake, he said again, "I should leave." His voice had grown quieter almost like he was talking to himself and not the man in front.

"I'm full. Tell Dad I'll visit again"

Yibo walked straight out of the house. He could hear his brother behind him but he refused to look back.

I just wonder if you'll ever actually get attached to someone Yibo.

| T W O |

📌 Your interactions are what keep me going so do vote if you enjoyed, feel free to share your views too, it'll only make me happier 💛★❕

📌 Thank you very much for the time, I appreciate it ^^❕

💚❤️