e e r h t 3

| T H R E E |

obscenity on the floor

Xiao Zhan was in the kitchen, busy with the dishes. Having a kid meant double the chores and since it was a Sunday and he'd promised to cook Yian's favourite for dinner, calling his kitchen a pigsty would still be an understatement.

Finishing off with the last dirty dish, Xiao Zhan turned to look at his son, like a cat devoid of care his little boy was slumped over the couch, his line of sight right on the TV.

"Seems like he isn't performing today" The prof was so close to losing it, his irritation reaching its very limit. There were so many other things to watch but his son stubbornly wanted to watch nothing but that god-forsaken Yibo.

Helpless, Xiao Zhan left the sink and turned to wipe his dining table. He was too old to fight his son over the latter's bad celebrity preferences or at least he was telling himself so.

After he was done cleaning, he came to the living area and threw himself beside Yian. Despite zero interest in watching what his son was dying to get just a glimpse of, he felt the need to. He'd rather torture himself and accompany his kid than have him carelessly watch some inappropriate nonsense, he believed.

"Papa, can we call Lu Jie and ask her when Gege will be up?"

Xiao Zhan looked at his son in disbelief, as if knowing his Papa would never willingly accommodate the request, he crawled up to the adult and fell all over him. His face facing the latter, shiny eyes ready for attack, he was like a little puppy.

The older sighed. "Alright"

Yian instantly brightened, pulling himself up he waited for his Papa to call his well-informed senior.

As a baby when Xuan Lu would squeal and do her happy dance before the 4-year-old Yian he could do nothing but unblinkingly look at the very cause Mr Wang Yibo simply drinking a glass of juice on TV, but with age and a gradually growing sense of self, Yian too had grown extremely fond of the man.

Xiao Zhan was back in the kitchen with his phone, he had already called Lulu twice but she wasn't picking up.

His phone by the ear was still ringing and about 5 rings later, Lulu finally picked up.

"Yes Ge, sorry I was out to get my mail, do you want me to watch Yian tonight? are you not home? but today's a Sunday, an emergency?" She spoke at the speed of light.

Geez.

"No, not that"

"oh, then?"

"Lulu, are you watching TV right now?"

"Yes, Bo-Ge is performing today, I told Yian about it in the morning, isn't he watching too?"

Xiao Zhan internally rolled his eyes at that.

"When is this Bo-Ge performing?"

"Right at 8, so now we have 10 minutes to go..?"

"Did you not tell Yian about the time, he's been glued to the TV for hours"

"I did, but you know how he is, he doesn't like taking risks"

Lulu could hear Xiao Zhan sigh from the other line.

"Anyways, just help me pick him up tomorrow, I have to stay back in college for a meeting"

"Yup, sure" She hung up.

As if on alert, Yian immediately stood up on the sofa, the kid was excited.

"He has already performed, the show was over an hour ago"