11

"How many times must I tell you that I am perfectly fine! I just need a wink of sleep then I will be up and kicking by tomorrow!" (YN) argued as Kaeya fusses him into his bed. Tucking him in and made sure that (YN) won't even try to get up.

Kaeya shook his head, "I saw you drinking your paint water, Sir (YN). That in itself doesn't look healthy to me," he said. Wondering on how (YN) wasn't able to distinguish the taste between paint water and his coffee. Now, Kaeya ponders on how many cups of coffee that (YN) had drunk before he arrived. Surely, it's above the healthy threshold. Henceforth, Kaeya now identifies himself as (YN)'s temporary nurse. As addicted he is to alcohol (some even say that he can't live without a single glass which is untrue), Kaeya knows how to take care of himself. 

Being one of the captains of the Knights of Favonious and one of the few that are still present in Mondstadt, Kaeya needs to take care of himself. If he doesn't, the knights would be one captain short and it would be disastrous if something horrible happens. Similar to the Stormterror incident. Not many knights are willing to venture into a domain that is full of abyss mages and deadly hilichurls. They can take down a small group of hilichurls on their own, but not abyss mages. Those bastards[1] are far too tricky and dangerous for people with no Visions to handle. This is why it's almost recommended to have a Vision when you're trying to be an adventurer or a knight. With a Vision, at least you could be safe from the dangers that the world has.

But to have a Vision and being sickly? Kaeya sometimes doubts if (YN) can even hold his bow right. "I do realize how important it is for you to finish your painting but you can't expect to finish it when you can't distinguish the taste of paint water and coffee, you know?" (YN) sneered. He knows it's true. His vision was blurry and he tripped multiple times because of the buckets of paints he has. Doesn't know when it is night or day. Sighing, (YN) lay back on his head. Letting Kaeya win the argument and get some rest for once. Well...he's already planning to get some rest after a few strokes of paint anyway. So what's the use of delaying it any further?

Kaeya, meanwhile, watched (YN) on his bed. Sleeping peacefully and even moved to a more comfortable position. Laying on his stomach and hugging his pillow. Kaeya wonders if the male can even breathe in his position. Even then, Kaeya was happy that the male has finally gotten some shut-eye.

"I'll bring you some breakfast tomorrow, okay?"

»»————- ♡ ————-««

It was now the next morning and Kaeya is up and early. Getting ingredients from Blanche and asking Sara what kind of light breakfast is more suitable. With Mondstadt style dishes, they're heavier in meat and sometimes spices, so it's not suitable for (YN) to eat any of those as of the moment. Rather, Sara advised that Kaeya should cook a dish called congee. It was the first time that Kaeya has heard of this dish and for a good reason. Its main ingredient is rice and Mondstadt doesn't have that many dishes with rice on them. It's either Inazuma or Liyue dishes would need it.

Thanking Sara, Kaeya ventured off towards Springvale. Keeping his word in preparing breakfast for (YN). Upon arriving at the latter's house, Kaeya went wide-eyed when he saw (YN) was already up. Drinking a glass of water and sitting down on the couch in the living room, "You're cooking, right?" It took a while for Kaeya to respond and even then, he could only nod.

"I don't have a lot of ingredients in the kitchen but seeing the bags in your hands, those are ingredients, right? I'm not sure what you are cooking but I do believe that both of my parents prepared the necessities to aid you in your cooking so I should have everything." (YN) lead Kaeya to the kitchen. Showing him the pots, pans, ladles, and even baking tools that he has.

"Do you cook in your spare time? I'm more amazed at your collection of kitchen supplies than your work collection," Kaeya joked, taking out a pot, a knife, and a chopping board.

(YN) sat down on a chair, "A little bit. Although I'm not much of a baker." Ah, Kaeya didn't really think that (YN) cooks. In fact, Kaeya thought that (YN) is more of the eater rather than the one who makes the food. His parents are rich, right? Then what's the use of cooking the food yourself when you have others to do it for you? Looking back at (YN), Kaeya grinned. Who cares if he cooks? The young man is waiting for his cooking! He should focus on the matter at hand right now and impress (YN)!