12

"This is congee. Sara recommended it to me when I asked for some light food. I'm not sure how this is going to taste like but I got some fruity skewers for you if you want some meat in your body." Kaeya put the plates down on the table. The food was enough for two people, him and (YN). The latter being more excited to eat than the former. Well, Kaeya can't blame him. The male probably didn't eat before he came. 

Kaeya sat down across (YN). "Thank you for the food," said (YN). Immediately digging in after saying that. A spoonful of congee and blowing on it to not burn his tongue. Kaeya, too, soon took a spoonful of congee. Unlike (YN), Kaeya didn't bother to cool down the spoonful of the steaming hot food. It's due to his Vision that would make his own body temperature colder than it already is. As soon as the congee hit his tongue, it immediately cooled down. Just enough for Kaeya's tongue to not get burned.

Like Sara had said before, it's bland. really bland. A taste that Kaeya was not used to with the heavy seasoning Mondstadt cuisine has. Even the most basic dishes need a little bit of salt and pepper to add to the taste. Its taste is similar to Liyue cuisine without adding seasoning. Well, most Liyue cuisine doesn't have as much seasoning as Mondstadt's. Rather than adding pepper or salt, Liyue cuisine would add more vegetables or ingredients that would enhance the flavor of the main ingredient. At times, adding a bit of pepper and salt. Not too much nor too little. Something that most people of Liyue have. An understanding to know when it is too much or too little. Especially those famous chefs --- Xiangling is the most famous out of all.

If Kaeya remembers, the traveler has met Xiangling during her tiny cooking competition in Springvale. Oh, how Kaeya wishes that he was able to taste the famous Chef Xiangling's dish. But with his status as one of the captains in the knights, Kaeya can't freely go to Liyue whenever he wants.

"This is quite filling. Never believed that there would be a day where I would eat Liyue cuisine so easily," said (YN), scooping another spoonful of congee. As bland it is, this is something that (YN) is searching for after drinking a hefty amount of coffee. Soon, the two went silent. Dutifully eating the congee and the fruity skewers that Kaeya had prepared. (YN), at times, steal brief glances at Kaeya.

With the window so close to the dining area, the sun only made Kaeya seem more... handsome. (YN) can't describe the man in any other way. His blue hair was long enough to tie into a ponytail and his dark sun-kissed skin. For some reason, (YN) feels like this is the first time he saw someone so handsome. And that was saying something considering his father and friends back in Natlan doesn't lack in the beauty department at all. (YN) thought that he has gone used to seeing pretty faces but seeing Kaeya in the flesh, perchance (YN) haven't seen enough.

Licking his lips, (YN) can taste the congee that covered his lips. "How about we go... somewhere later?" he asked. The palms of his hands started getting sweaty and his gaze would always land somewhere but never on the man in front of him. His heart beating against his chest and would pop out at any time. (YN) knows the reason why his heart is acting this. He knows why his cheeks are heating up and the light of his Vision is glowing. It's an obvious thing that (YN) hopes that Kaeya won't catch up on.

"Sure? Mondstadt is as small as it can be however, I know some of the best spots for you to wind down!"

-----------

school is starting today and i forgot that i need to update this part. TwT