Kids?

Heyy guyssss!!! I'm back. I'm really proud of myself bcuz I've been updating like every three days. So. This short story takes place after the epilogue. Like, one year after. Enjoyyyy!!!!

------------------------------------------------

I am trembling all over. Whether it's from fear or joy I do not know. 

I stare at the pink and white piece of plastic in my hands. It has a plus sign in the middle of the small screen. Positive.

I've suspected it for a while now. I feel emotionally off-balance and I feel like crying for stupid reasons. Or no reason at all.

When I threw up twice in one morning, I randomly bought a pregnancy test and use it. I wasn't really expecting anything. But it turned out positive.

I am freaking out. How can I possibly tell Cardan? We've spoken about kids, of course, but I'm not sure how he would react. And that is scaring me. 

Taryn.

Taryn would know what to do. She's gone through the same thing. In a way. 

Hopefully, she could help me.

_______

Vivienne, Taryn, Heather, and I were in the living room of our apartment in the mortal world. I had asked them to come ASAP and, like the amazing people they are, they came quickly. 

They look at me expectantly, probably wondering what the "emergency" is. I'm not nervous about telling them. I'm more worried about Cardan's reaction to worry about this.

"So."I begin, a little nervous.

I hesitate, then blurt out. "I'm pregnant."

Vivienne and Taryn squeal in delight and Heather jumps a little in delight. 

"So, I'm going to need Taryn's help, figuring out what to say to Cardan so he won't freak out. Well, too much at least."

Taryn's gaze softens a little in understanding. "You don't need my help, Jude. You have all the words in your heart. Just speak from there and everything would be fine."

Her words boost my confidence and I nod. "Vivienne. Could you take me back to Faerie?"

_______

I am eating dinner with Cardan in our bedroom. He had refrained from going to tonight's revels because of my 'strange behavior'.

"Jude?" Cardan asks, tentatively, breaking the silence that had settled upon us since we had sat down.

I take a deep breath. It was probably time to tell him. "Cardan..." I trail off, not sure how I should start. 

Cardan is starting to look anxious, my mood reflecting his. "What is it, Jude? You know you can tell me anything."

"Well." I start again. "Have you ever wanted kids?"

Cardan stilled, black eyes searching mine. "What are you saying?"

I hesitate. "I'm... I'm pregnant." The words burst out from my mouth, no longer wanting to keep it a secret from him. 

Cardan is frozen. His tail lashes behind him, though I don't know if it is because of anger or joy. I don't want to know. 

Emotions pass through his face, too fast for me to catch. He is silent for long enough that I shrink a little, curling my hands over my stomach. 

Cardan stands up suddenly and I flinch a little. His arms go around my body and he hugs me tightly. His mouth crashes onto mine and I relax in his arms, knowing that he is happy. 

"You wonderful woman," Cardan whispers against my lips and I pull away, smiling. 

"I wasn't sure how you would react," I admit.

"Well, now you know that I am very happy." Cardan's face is so full of joy, his tail lashing behind him.

So am I," I whisper, even as I lean forward to kiss him again.

------------------------------------------------

Heyy guys!!! This one is super short but I really like how it turned out. Anyway, pls vote if u liked it. Thank you!!

See u soon. gtg