2 Girls in my Life

I woke up to a soft hand slapping my face. Groaning, I lazily opened my eyes, only to see wide black pupils staring back at me.

My obsidian black eyes, paired with Jude's lovely brown hair. Ah, I couldn't have asked for a better combination. 

I sat up, seating my lovely beautiful wonderful daughter in my lap. Jude stirred at the lack of my body heat, waking up gradually.

Jude smiled and I feasted my eyes on that soft grin Jude gave. Nowadays, she did that a lot; smiled and grinned, joked, and played around. I loved when Jude was like this.

"What is it, my lovely Mya?" She cooed at her, taking her from my lap and rocking her gently. I tore my eyes off of Jude to Mya who laughed in response.

A three-year-old daughter is nothing but mischief. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Mya pulled out of Jude's grip and jumped out of the huge bed we share. The glint in her eyes, the one Jude says she gets from me, warned us that she was up to something.

Jude yawned and slowly got out of bed, trudging down our huge bedroom to where Mya had gone. "What is it, sweetpea?" She asked, looking back at me with a raised eyebrow.

I shrugged and Jude yawned again, stretching. At that moment, Mya dashed through Jude's spread legs and ran over to the bed where I was still sitting, her grin as bright as the sun. 

She raced towards me as fast as her short legs would carry her, but Jude was faster. She caught Mya in her arms and swung her up, over her where Mya kicked and squealed in delight.

"ah-ah" Jude tsked, grinning wildly. I loved it when Jude was like this, too. "Maybe you'll beat me one day, little one, but that day is not today." 

Jude sat Mya on the bed where she crawled over to me, gurgling with happiness. I gave her a soft kiss on the cheek, tucking her soft hair behind her pointed ears. Mya glanced at me, her eyes asking something of me.

I smiled and raised my hand, palm faced up. A small flower bloomed at the center of my hand. Mya laughed.

I glanced up and saw that Jude was also staring at my palm, a soft smile gracing her face. I looked at the flower and saw that it was the exact same flower that I had tucked behind her ear that one night before everything went spiraling down. The night when she gave me her first command.

It's a lotus flower.

I plucked the flower out of my hand and secured it in Mya's hair. She giggled.

Jude joined us on the bed, crawling into the soft blankets and staring at us warmly.

"I love you," She said unexpectedly. I smiled and leaned into her warmth.

"And you know I do as well," I murmured back.

She didn't respond, and not even Mya said anything, not daring to disturb the peace in the air. It feels so wonderful, to belong. I never knew this with my parents, my siblings.

But this strong wonderful mortal woman and this small baby girl make me feel such strength, such belonging, that I cannot describe even if I tried.

_____________________________

Hey, guys! I loved this one so much, it's really sweet, what do you think? This one is kind of a continuation of the one called Kids?

Anyway, I think this one may be my favorite so far... let me know what you guys think okay? also, if you want, you can describe a scene you want me to recreate or something and I could try to make that happened -  I luv these characters soo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you have the time, pls go to my profile and check out my book that I'm currently working on, it's called The Cost of Defiance

See you guys soon and that u so much for ur love and support, you don't know how much it means to me