chapter twelve

well, they found duff....drinking at a bar. but more specifically, the club they were performing at so they were lucky. jess and i were chilling in their dressing room, just smoking and talking.

"so, you and slash making out" jess smirked, wiggling her eyebrows. "yeah, and i guess his mom kicked him out, so i told him he could use michaels old room, but he said he like sleeping with me" i smiled.

"that's so cute" she nodded, exhaling her smoke into the air. "mhm" i nodded, doing the same. "where you guys at?" she questioned, throwing her feet up on the table. "im still not sure..." "well shouldnt you guys talk about it?"

"talk about what?" axl questioned, bursting in the room with the boys following. "nothing" jess smiled, shaking her head. a few girls were quick to follow the boys into the room and i only just rolled my eyes.

a girl had made herself comfortable on slash's lap and i looked to jess to see if she wanted to leave, but she was no longer in the room. neither was steven.

i frowned a little and my eyes quickly clouded with tears. one tear dropped from my left eye, so i quickly grabbed my bag before running out of the room and out the back door.

i slid down the rough brick wall and put my head in my hands and let the tears flow. after a couple minutes, i heard the door beside me open, but i kept my head down, ignoring whoever it was.

"lia, you okay?" they questioned. i knew it was duff...he used to call me lia sometimes but he kinda stopped, so i was happy to hear it again. "no" i shook my head, looking up at him.

"cmon" he spoke, offering his hand. i took it up and immediately wrapped my arms around the giraffe. i felt him ease in and we eventually pulled away. "lets go on a walk" he smiled, grabbing my hand.

"hey, im okay...go have fun with the boys" i argued, but he just kept walking. "no, youre upset" he shook his head, so i eventually gave in.

"why were you crying?" duff questioned, as we started walking down the sidewalk. "i dont know....i just feel lonely even with everybody in the room" i sighed out. duff nodded along and i squeezed his hand tight.

"i get it...i feel like that sometimes too" he agreed. "but you have so many girls throwing themselves at you" i laughed, feeling that ping of sadness again. "dahlia, i dont want anyone but you."

wait.

i stopped right in my tracks, and thought about what the fuck i just heard. "duff i-" "no, no, it's okay, i know" he nodded, sending me a sad smile that just totally broke my heart.

"you deserve someone who treats you good and loves you so much, duff..." i sighed. "when i first moved in with you guys, i fell for you so bad" he spoke, biting his lip. "i do like you, but im more interested in slash" i shrugged.

"i know and that's fine, but if he breaks your heart, i will punch him in the face" he laughed, making me crack a smile. a little too late...he's already broke my heart...several times.

"wanna go home and watch a movie?" duff offered, and my smile widened as i eagerly nodded my head. so there we were, walking hand in hand back home. ugh i missed this so much.

march 26th, 1986

"dahlia! guess what?" duff questioned, the largest smile on his face ever. "whats up?" i questioned, leaning forward in my chair. "we got signed!" he smiled, and i jumped up right away.

"what! that's so amazing" i smiled, running around the counter to greet him with the biggest hug ever. "mhm, we have a show at the roxy in two days...you coming?" he asked, and i quickly nodded, "i'll be there."

he left the guitar store after a couple minutes so he could go meet back up with the boys. if you hadnt guessed why i was at the guitar shop, well i got a job here a while ago - and i loved it!

holy shit..it's been a little less than a year, so i got some things to catch you up on.

for starters, duff moved out of our house and in with his girlfriend. i was just happy to see he wasnt moping around about me anymore. steven and jess were still dating surprisingly, even though they both cheated on each other a couple times...

axl was still doing his own thing still but he did have a girlfriend who he was usually with most the time. izzy and i were still semi close, but he too had a girlfriend. slash also had a girlfriend, and hint, it's not me...

so basically, i was the only single on in our friend group. it was kinda sad not gonna lie...looking at everyone being all lovey dovey while i just sit all alone. im not gonna complain too much though.

i was currently on the verge of moving out into my own place. that's why i got a job here to save up. and in the fall, i start at university! luckily, it was at ucla though, so i'd still get to be home.

about the guns boys, they had taken off kinda. sometimes i went to their practices and listened in, and their music just kept getting better and better.

but i guess that's about it, not much happened.

(a/n: even though the time skip, there's still 8 chapters left so don't worry!)