dahyun°jimin₃₉

plot: Jimin and Dahyun are the bestest friends, yet a secret strained their friendship.

Jimin entered TWICE's practice room, saw his girlfriend and kissed her cheek. "Babe."

Mina smiled and received the take-out he bought for the girls. "Thank you!"

Jimin walks toward Dahyun but she immediately avoided him and went beside Sana. The girls noticed the awkwardness but they just ignored it, they thought it's just the usual misunderstanding between bestfriends.

After hanging out with the girls, Mina with the unnie line went to the artist lounge to rest. While the maknae line stayed with Dahyun,.

"Dahyun-ah, can we talk?" Jimin asks, Chaeyoung looked at her unnie and didn't leave her. "Chaeng please?"

"I think it's enough pain for a day." The younger says, Tzuyu lead the way out of the practice room when Dahyun heard her nickname.

"Bub."

She sighed, telling the 99-liner she can handle it and join the other members. "I promise, I'll be okay. and he doesn't know so cut him some slack."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me and Mina." Jimin says, patting the space beside him. "I really wanted to tell you but Mina suddenly shared the good news to your group chat."

Dahyun faked a smile, "You didn't even told me you like her."

"We've been talking for awhile and we promised each other we'll keep it as a secret until we know it's good." Jimin explained "Come on, you'll do the same if you were me."

"Bestfriends." Dahyun muttered, "Is that my only place?"

"Dahyunniee, I'll make it up to you."'Jimin aegyo-ed. "I'm really sorry."

"It's fine." Dahyun says and pats his back. Turning away from him quickly before he sees her tears.

"Where are we going?" Jimin cluelessly said and helped her pack her things, "You're crying?"

"No, I forgot to put solution." She says

"You're wearing your eye glasses." Jimin says, he grabbed her shoulders and faced her to him. "Dahyun?"

She avoided his gaze and took her bag.

"Kim Dahyun!"

Dahyun threw her bag at him which he quickly catches it. "If I were in your place, I will still tell you. because you're my bestfriend."

"I told you I'm sorry for keeping it a secret." Jimin softly says, reaching out to her but she backed away.

"It hurts that you kept it a secret." Dahyun says, "But I think it's just fair."

"What do you mean?" Jimin puts down her bag,

"I also kept something from you and I guess if I say it it doesn't matter anymore." Dahyun says, "But I won't." she grabbed her bag and left.

weeks flew by and their last conversation left a strain in their friendship.

BTS went to TWICE's dorm to talk about their surprise birthday plan for Mina's birthday. Mina is out preparing for an individual schedule.

"So it's settled, Jimin oppa will take her out for dinner and then we'll have the birthday party!" Jihyo excitedly says, "Now we only have three days, you have your tasks go go go!"

Since no-one knew that Jimin and Dahyun is in no speaking terms, the two leaders gave them the task on getting the balloons.

Dahyun just went inside Jimin's car and wore her earphones, the older sighed and just drove.

Jimin had enough, he took off her earphone "Talk to me."

Dahyun sighed and looked at him, "We can't be friends anymore."

"What?" Jimin exclaims, "It's just a small thing, hyunnie. Can't you just forgive me?"

She wore her earphones again but Jimin grabbed her phone and made her look at him. "It's petty."

"I forgave you already. But I don't think I can be your bestfriend." Dahyun says, "Just drive, they said cake and balloons are the most important thing for Mina unnie's birthday."

Jimin parked on the side and confronted her, "I can't lose you over a small misunderstanding. I told you I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?"

Dahyun stared at him, using all the remaining time she has to look at him before she can ruin everything.

"I love you." Dahyun says which made Jimin choked and left speechless. "That's the problem, I love you and I can't do anything about it.

I thought we felt the same way. But we didn't. It's just how bestfriends act, right?" She smiles, "I can't be your bestfriend anymore. I thought I can just leave it and move on but I can't. It hurts too much."

"Dahyun-"

"All the things you do for me, I thought it meant something." Dahyun cuts him off, "It's just all in my head."

"You should have told me sooner." Jimin whispers, Dahyun didn't hear him so she asks, "What?"

"You should have told me sooner!" He yelled, "I loved you all this time and yet when I already have a girlfriend that's when you're confessing?

I gave you so much time and yet you keep showing me that I'm just your bestfriend!"

"If you had feelings then why you didn't tell me?" Dahyun yelled back,

"Because you were rejecting my advances!" Jimin says

"You kept leading me on! You only do that when we're with the members but when were left alone YOU ACT DIFFERENTLY!" Dahyun sighed, "This isn't going anywhere."

"I loved you, Da. I didn't know that I'm so close." Jimin confess,

Dahyun chuckles, "loved."

"Huh?" Jimin looks at her,

"Loved. Past tense."

Jimin sighed, and hits the steering wheel. "I love Mina now."

"Just drive." Dahyun says, trying to get her phone back but Jimin held on to it. "But I also love you."

Dahyun remained silent. And also Jimin.

The two savored the moment, reminsinig about how they became bestfriends and now that their friendship is about to fall apart.

"Just give me my phone." She whispers,

"Please don't make me choose between you and her." Jimin says.

They stared at each other, both eyes are watery and can feel where this conversation is heading at.

Dahyun's heart is pounding really hard and her chest feels so tight. "Why? Because you'll choose her?"

Jimin's tear fell as he said, "Yeah. I'll choose her."

Dahyun smiled and took her phone, "I'll go with Tzuyu and Taehyung oppa, since the bakery is nearby."

"This is it?" Jimin asks,

Dahyun faked laugh, "I guess."

-end

aaaAAAHHH I can't get over Mark and Lexie's break-up that I have to do this.. 🥺🥺 I don't even know if this is angst lol