2 - The Cave of Two Lovers

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

"Iroh... sir... no..."
"I didn't say I was going to try it... yet."

"Iroh don't you dare try me!"
"...maybe if you call me Uncle..."

"..."
"..."

"...Did you just try to blackmail me with your life???"
"I also said 'maybe'!"

You facepalmed as you stood with the kneeling man in front of you. From behind, a bush rustled and out popped Zuko.

"I didn't find anything to eat. I can't live like this. I wasn't meant to be a fugitive. This is impossible!"
He kicked at the ground angrily before looking over to the two of you.

Iroh sniffed the flower and you scowled in disapproval and fold your arms.
"Uncle? (Y/n)? What are you two doing?"

Iroh looked back excitingly over at his nephew.
"You're looking at the rare white dragon bush." He clasps his hands together as if he were a maiden in love. "Its leaves make a tea so delicious it's heartbreaking!"

You rolled your eyes and poked his head.
"That, or it's the white jade bush, which is poisonous."

Iroh pouted and swat your hand away before looking back at the plant.
Zuko glared.

"We need food, not tea. I'm going fishing."
You glanced at Iroh, who was still contemplating and stroking his chin. "Delectable tea? Or deadly poison?"

You groaned in annoyance before calling out.
"Zuko! Wait up! I'm coming to help!"
He looked back and waited for you.

"What about Uncle?"
"Your uncle is being ridiculous. And as much I worry about his choices, he is a grown man that can make grown man choices... whether they are for better or for worse." You laughed.

"And besides! I'd much rather have fun helping you than staying with Iroh."
Zuko blushed and nodded.

The two of you walked in silence as you followed Prince Zuko to the river. You heard the slashing water before you actually saw it and shivered.
"What's wrong (Y/n)?"

You wave him off.
"Oh, it's nothing, just... déjà vu..."
You muttered.

But Zuko heard you.
"From that time with the Pirates?"
"Yea. Both times actually."

"I know. I felt it too."
"Huh?"
You snapped your head at Zuko.

"How would you know about how that'd feel?"
Zuko had a mini panic as you thought about it.

"U-Uh well I-"
"Oh wait! Yeah, we did fight those pirates together on the riverbank that one time! I guess you would remember the sound of that too."

Zuko nodded his head in agreement, internally sighing in relief that you hadn't found out his secret.
"Zuko look!" You pointed to a big green and yellow fish that jumped in and out of the water.