Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: me and mr

CHAPTER FOUR: me and mr. joad

•'¯'•. a⃠l⃠l⃠ t⃠h⃠e⃠ p⃠e⃠o⃠p⃠l⃠e⃠ s⃠a⃠y⃠ .•'¯'•

XAVIER MACKEN SWUNG HIS BACKPACK, RUNNING OUT OF HIS HOUSE.

•'¯'•. a⃠l⃠l⃠ t⃠h⃠e⃠ p⃠e⃠o⃠p⃠l⃠e⃠ s⃠a⃠y⃠ .•'¯'•

During Xavier's first period, he didn't really pay all that much attention in the class. Yet, he still finished the work pretty quickly.

•'¯'•. a⃠l⃠l⃠ t⃠h⃠e⃠ p⃠e⃠o⃠p⃠l⃠e⃠ s⃠a⃠y⃠ .•'¯'•

"Can you just leave me alone?" Xavier muttered, feeling the set of eyes on him. His teacher kept watching him. 
He knew it was because he wasn't doing his work.

"Mr. Macken..." his teacher spoke, sounding as though he was about to lecture the boy. "care to explain, why you are not doing your work?"

"I've finished it," Xavier told the older one.

She scoffed, huffing as she crossed her arms over her chest.  "Oh, really?"

He clicked his tongue, stopping the sarcastic remark on the tip of his tongue. "Yeah, here." He handed the paper, her snatching it away.

"So, it seems so."

Xavier smiled when she turned her back.

•'¯'•. a⃠l⃠l⃠ t⃠h⃠e⃠ p⃠e⃠o⃠p⃠l⃠e⃠ s⃠a⃠y⃠ .•'¯'•

"Hey," Xavier slowly said, seeing Eric mutter under his breath.  Jason stood next to him.

"He sacrificed his one and only relationship with a girl," Jason said.

"Eric, you are both good-looking and an idiot."

Eric gave a shift as it brightened up and he smiled, Jason looked slightly shocked.

"All I'm hearing is you saying I'm good-looking."

"And an idiot," Xavier spoke.

"Good looking!" Eric repeated.

"Oh, geesh. What happened to make you 'sacrifice' your relationship?"

"She kept making him run around town doing the dumbest things for her and canceling all his plans for her."

Xavier tssked, clicking his tongue. "Then that seems like a better idea than you broke up with her." He walked away.

He didn't notice how Jason hit Eric in the back of the head, as Eric stared at Xavier walking away.
•'¯'•. a⃠l⃠l⃠ t⃠h⃠e⃠ p⃠e⃠o⃠p⃠l⃠e⃠ s⃠a⃠y⃠ .•'¯'•

{308}