Chapter six

CHAPTER SIX: who's afraid of Corey wolf

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ║▌║▌║█│▌

XAVIER MACKEN GROANED IN PAIN, LIFTING HIMSELF FROM THE FLOOR. He turned around, examining the small house, before he walked towards the bathroom, closing and locking the door.
He didn't want to rush his father coming in.

Xavier winced, touching his bruised face.

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ║▌║▌║█│▌

"Xavier," Shawn yelled, slamming closed the door. Xavier normally picked him up, sometimes, but this time the older boy didn't. "You will never guess what Corey-" Shawn hadn't stopped laughing until he saw Xavier's face.  "Oh, man," the boy whispered.

"I'm okay." Xavier shrugged, trying to recall how hard his father hit him. "But, you know, the second I am eighteen, I'm leaving. Got a few hundred saved up."

"You're gonna leave?" Shawn asked, yeah, he was happy that the older boy would be safe without his father around, but worried about what kind of trouble he may get into later on.

"When I turn eighteen. I'm still gonna live here, in town, just not here." He gestured to the house. "Let's go, we got to get to school."
▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ║▌║▌║█│▌

Xavier separated from Shawn after the boy had told him how Corey believed that he was a werewolf. He had to get to class and away from stupidity. "damn, kids," The older boy muttered, putting his things down. He turned around. "Oh, shit, Eric," Xavier laughed, putting a hand over his chest. When the boy got there, he had no clue. "you scared me there."

Eric laughed, loudly, nervously.  "I...just-I need to ask-" he stopped talking.

"Are you okay?" Xavier asked when Eric had continental to stutter and then completely stop taking.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Eric rushed out.

"Okay..." Xavier clicked his tongue, sitting down in his seat, Eric quickly slid into the one next to him. Xavier turned to the other. "You do know that your brother believes he's turning into a werewolf, correct?"

Eric laughed. "Yeah. He told them the other night."

"Were you the one to make him think he's turning into a werewolf?"

Eric gasped. "No, the little geek thought of it himself."

"He needs to stop watching so many movies."

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ║▌║▌║█│▌

"Xavier." Eric ran after the boy when the bell rang, hoping he wouldn't coward out. Again. Xavier turned around, looking at Eric, whose mind went blank.

"Is there something you need?" Xavier asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Tutor!" Eric yelled, pausing before laughing as he spoke again. "That's what I wanted to say, yeah." He nodded his head. "I need a tutor."

Xavier nodded, looking at the other boy in slight worry. "Okay. Here." He ripped out a piece of paper from his notebook. "But, don't call after ten at night. Okay?"

Eric nodded, taking the piece of paper. Xavier didn't think of it when the other boy stared, not blinking.

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ║▌║▌║█│▌

{490}