Chapter ten

CHAPTER TEN: sister Theresa

🅐🅛🅛 🅣🅗🅔 🅟🅔🅞🅟🅛🅔 🅢🅐🅨

XAVIER MACKEN GROANED IN PAIN AS HE FLIPPED ONTO HIS STOMACH. Which turned out to be a bad idea, as laying on his stomach caused him even more pain.

The blond-haired boy glanced back at his door, deciding not to risk it as quickly but quietly put on his clothes and grabbed his bag before walking over to the window, carefully opening it and throwing out his bag before sliding out. Xavier turned back around, placing his hands on the bottom part of the window, pulling it as far down as it would go before leaving it the slightest open.

"Shit," he cursed, looking around before being up his shirt to see bruises covering him. "I swear he's gonna kill me," he muttered, before making his way to school.
🅐🅛🅛 🅣🅗🅔 🅟🅔🅞🅟🅛🅔 🅢🅐🅨

"Oh, my god, Xavier," Cory yelled as he had seen the other, his yell caused a few other students to turn.
Xavier looked up, some student's eyes widened at the sight of him.

"Wow! What happened to you?" Cory asked.

Shawn stared at the other, worried.

Xavier fakes a smile, it hurts to even do that. "Oh, you know, the usual. What's up?" He asked.

"I got a girl's number!" Cory yelled, lifting up his hand to show the written number.

"Great for you. Might want to write that down on a paper. In case it smudges."

"Xavier, can I talk to you?" Shawn asked, talking to the other's jacket sleeve and pulling him.

"Sure, why not?" Xavier sarcastically replied.

Shawn dragged him into an empty classroom, looking around multiple times before closing it. "What did he do this time?"

"The normal. Shawn, it's-"

"No, it's not okay. You can't keep telling me it's okay. He-he's gonna kill you!" Shawn panics.

"You can't tell anyone, Shawn," Xavier grabbed the other's shoulders, making him look at him in the eyes. "promise me, you won't tell anyone."

"No, no, I have to tell someone, you need help-"

"No, Shawn, we don't even know if I'd end up in a good house. It could be worse than living with him. And no one wants to even foster a kid my age, much less adopt them, unless they wanted, like, a free servent. You can't tell anyone. Shawn, come on, I've been saving up money for years, the second I'm eighteen, I'm out of the house."