CHAPTER 18: Stupid legs

Evan Cooper

Evan had felt horrible ever since he had left Junior alone in the guest room. He knew Junior hadn't meant anything bad, he was simply not used to living in a normal, caring family. Who could blame him for that?

But Evan always saw red, when people called his family perfect. It was so far from it. Sure, they were perfect compared to Junior's family: the kids weren't battered all over, nobody drank all their money and their mom wasn't bedridden with depression. But they weren't perfect and they had never been.

Evy, Everly, had been sick ever since she was born. Evy had Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which made the walls of her heart too thick. She had other health issues as well, but her heart was the worst. She had arrhythmias, chest pain and she was easily out of breath.

Evy was also the sunniest little girl Evan had ever met. Her illness made them accustomed to hospitals, but all the same she was the light of the family. Evy adored Evan and Evan adored her back even more. Losing her was like the sun had been ripped off the sky.

Evan's eyes snapped open as he heard rustling from the door, followed by a thud of something being dropped on the floor. His heart skipped a beat as he saw a familiar figure walking towards him in the dark room.

"I'm sorry." Junior's tremulous tone gave away how nervous he was. Evan sat up on the bed, not really knowing what he was supposed to say to that. Junior wasn't the one who needed to apologize, and Evan was just about to say that, when Junior quieted him with a kiss.

Evan could feel Junior's lips trembling against his and he had just about enough time to think — he's so nervous — before he answered the kiss. The feel of Junior's lips and his hands all over Evan's body were enough to make him forget all about Junior's nervousness. Evan had been waiting and waiting and waiting for this, thinking it was never going to happen.

Evan was panting when he gripped Junior from his narrow waist and lifted him to sit on his lap. They continued kissing and Junior's hands slipped under Evan's shirt, hauling up the fabric. When Evan felt Junior's hand on his bare skin, he gasped, feeling shivers running up and down his spine. Finally Junior pulled off Evan's shirt and Evan willingly helped him by lifting his arms.

For a moment Junior just stared at his body, a similar enchanted expression on his face than he had had the first time he saw Evan shirtless. It was nice to be looked at that way, especially when the one who was looking at him was Junior. Evan hauled him back in his embrace and kissed his lips until they were both out of breath. Then they kissed again. Evan's hands slipped under Junior's shirt and he started lifting it off.

Junior's body tensed and his lips froze in the middle of a kiss. Evan let his hands drop immediately, realizing what he was about to do. He had been so immersed in the kiss and the heat radiating from their bodies that he had completely forgotten the scars Junior wanted to keep hidden.

"Sorry, I didn't think.. We don't have to.." Evan's voice trailed off as he watched Junior. It was like he was having some sort of heated conversation inside his head, frowning and pressing his eyes shut.

"Fuck it." Junior muttered, opened his eyes and pulled his shirt off. He did look pale, making Evan hesitate. But then Junior kissed him again, roughly, and Evan was done hesitating. He tipped over on his back, pulling Junior down with him. When Junior was laying on top of him, he could feel every inch of his body.

"You must really like me then?" Evan grinned, pulling back from the kiss. Junior knitted his brows looking confused. Evan didn't say anything, he just glimpsed down and smirked happily. Junior's face reddened when the realization hit him.