[Chapter 6]

a/n: pic of Dane on the media tab x

°
°
°

I woke up this morning to a very loud Enrico, yelling at the top of his lungs demanding for me to wake up. I was very fustrated, and the agitation in my body was rumbling. He pulled sheets off of me, opened the wide curtains, making the entire room feel as if it was the sun itself.

The real reason for this early morning torment , was because he wanted to give me tour of Madrid. But in this manner?

I wasn't very up for it, since I do prefer my sleep over anything but I decided to freshern up anyway since getting to know this country abit more would be worth it. And Enrico did tell me last night that I needed to be up early...I slept it for two hours.

Besides, I did save a years worth of cash just to come over here. Might as well see the wonders of this country.

°
°
°

We visited the Royal Palace, The Alcala Gate, Royal Theatre and even a museum which I couldnt quite remember the name of from the top of my head. It was a windy day and I was glad I took my baige coat. Enrico tool ridiculous amounts of photos, mainly selfies of him and I. I'd always cover my face with my hair because I really wasn't up for taking photos. He kept nagging for him to take a single photo of me in front of the Palace, and after a long fifteen minutes of begging, kneeling to the ground, and odd stares from the locals...I had to say yes. But I told him that this was the only photo he'd get of me.

Urgh, foreigners are so persistent... Especially ones who have a mix of Brazilian and Italian in them.

I hadn't realised how much time went past, it took almost half the day. But we had fun.So, we decided to take a short stroll towards a tiny café located across the road.

"So, you didn't tell me what you and your brother were fighting about?", Enrico says breaks the silence.

My face suddenly fell and I was truly taken by suprised. I couldn't quite come up with anything to say. I can't keep lying to him.

"Well, the thing is..um..", I fade into my clouded mind which is trying to figure out what to say.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," he interjects. "You can always tell me another time. I was just concerned."

"Oh no, its nothing like that.", I chuckle easing the concerned look on his face. " Its just that, he's just angry that I came here by myself."

"You came here by yourself?", he looks shocked and even more concerned than before but with a hint amusement to his reaction.

"Its long story..."

°
°
°

Enrico stays quiet as I continue to tell him everything about my parents and Danes relationship issues.

Enrico ordered two meals and a tall glass lemonade for me and a Flat White for himself while we waited.

"I understand why he would be so concerned for you, Naomi. But in saying that, he shouldn't have completely blocked you guys out of his life.", Enrico says. " But he's also just trying to be the bigger brother he couldn't be in the past five years."

I just take a quick sip from my Lemonade before looking outside into the busy road, Enrico's last sentence still latched onto me.

Then I feel a large warm hand cup over my cold tiny frail one. Enrico gives me an encouraging smile,"He's just concerned about you. Don't take it as a misunderstanding of hate."

"Tortilla Española?", a well groomed waiter interrupts.

Enrico and I thank the waiter in Spanish before digging in into the heavenly food. It smells so delicious and looks just as good.

°

°

°

°

"Mhm," Enrico taps his chin in thought. "What's your favorite food?"

"Sushi.", I say. Enrico gives me a restless look.

"That sounds awfully sophisticated. What's your favorite food?"

"Sushi, I just said so."

"What. Is. Your. Favorite. Food, Naomi Chambers?"

I chuckle at the tone of his voice, "Okay, pizza!"

Enrico smirks in victory, "That's more like it."

I shake my head before taking a sip of water to quench my dry throat. We've been having a twenty question session for the past hour and I realized just how grown up we are.

"You wanna head off?", Enrico says. "We have one more place to go to, unless you're not feeling up for it."

"We'll just get it out of the way. Besides, you're a really great tour guide."

Enrico squints his eyes with a playful smile painted along his lips, "Are you flirting with me, again?"

I roll my eyes, "Oh get over yourself already."

Enrico chuckles before calling out for the bill. I didn't have any cash on me since I literally had no cash left in my bank account, so Enrico kindly paid for everything. I promised that I'd pay him back then he jokingly said 'You better'.

We started heading out of the warm little cafe before walking along the cobbled footpath gazing at stores along the way, pointing out odd objects and paintings.

This day felt like it was going by too fast, like time had just decided to accelerate. But I guess when you're having fun, time feels non-existant before you realize it.

"Naomi?", I hear a familiar voice interrupts us.

I turn to see Caroline standing there in a floral skirt and white blouse, looking effortlessly lovely as always. Only difference is that she has a very saddened look on her face.

"Caroline?", I ask in utter surprise.

She begins fiddling with her fingers and I'm almost worried before she says,

"Can we talk?"

°

°

°

°

a/n: okay I posted this chapter before and something went wrong and I lost like half my writting. It seriously messed everything up and I'm hoping not a lot of you read it :'((

And those of you who did read it, IM SO SO SORRY IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL ANY BETTER I CRIED FOR A WHILE OVER THIS LMFAO