[Chapter 5]

a/n: pic of Caroline on the media tab

°
°
°

Naoomi

"Sorry for the mess, I really didn't know I was expecting someone to come over."

Enrico began shuffling about, cleaning anything in his way, tucking clothes under his arm and holding some in his hands.I wanted to tell him it was fine but he had already disappeared further into the house, holding a pile of things which were scattered everywhere.

I begin to admire the large home with my hands clasped together behind my back, as I strolled around.

It's a very spacious house in a very old-fashioned themed way. Bricks and wood highlights the home but it looks so elegant and luxurious at the same time. The interior consists of beige couches, no television though--which is quite odd--, a dining area, and an expensive looking marble kitchen. No doubt Enrico comes from a wealthy family, and living this way was only a routine.

But it somehow seems that all this wealth never got to his head. He contrasts my first impression of who I thought he was going to be like --a snotty rich guy with devilish goodlooks and could make any girl swoon by flaunting money in their face-- but no, he was totally down to earth.

I won't really be moving in with Enrico, I'll just be staying here for a few days before Caroline is comfortable with me being around her soon-to-be fiancé. Dane was obviously furious and shocked since I took him by surprise by telling him I'd be moving out of him and Ricardo's apartment but I got him to come around.

I really didn't want to be the odd bump between Dane and Ricardo, I mean since day one Dane had been going on about Ricardo being the greatest friend, and vice versa. So, I wouldn't want them to be apart.

"Alright," Enrico huffs, caving my attention towards him. "Welcome to my home. I hope you will feel comfortable during your stay here and if you need anything, the chef and maids will be here tomorrow at about 5am."

"Thank you so much for doing this, Enrico."

His handsome expression brightens, "Don't worry about it, really. And I hope you and your brother resolve this conflict soon, before you can move back in with him."

"Yeah, hopefully.", I mutter.

Yeah, I sorta, kinda lied about why I moved out of my brothers apartment. I told Enrico that I had gotten into a really huge argument with my brother, regarding my parent's, and I packed my clothes and dialed his number. Him being the nicest person ever, drove over as fast as he could to pick me up. He took me to have dinner and we talked about my partial lie.

I was suddenly feeling really bad for lying to him, since he's been nothing but nice to me. But I couldn't tell him the real reason. That would make everything so awkward because Caroline is his sister-- well step sister--, he would think of me in bad way. I really don't want that, at all.

So, I'd call it a white lie to save everyone from falling into a tragic pit of doom.

After getting a quick tour of the house, Enrico took me to my room. It was enormous. There was a hint of lime green colours in the room. It was actually very elegantly simple, but I liked it.

" It's lovely. ", I smiled.

" I hope the colour is not too out there for you.", he chuckled. "I'll leave you to freshen up."

Enrico left before hearing a truthful 'Thank You' from me. I then eyed the inviting monstrous sized bed, before laying my back flat on it. Cloudy thoughts seemed to have dispersed, and I was beginning to drain into a blissful sleep.

I hadn't got any sleep last night, at all.

°
°
°
°

a/n: quick and short just to say that I'm back to writing again! Woo! See you soon x