[Chapter 4]

a/n: pic of Naomi on the media tab. (When she saw Kaká for the first time x)

°

°

°

Ricardo's P.O.V

"Let's finish up with the laps." Jose Morinho, our coach gave the command. Immediately the tired players began to push themselves even harder to finish up their last tiring segment of our training.

I joined them, falling slightly behind so I had time to drown in my thoughts. I couldn't think straight, not  with everything clouding  my mind. 

There was Dane.

How was I suppose to tell Dane that I was going to move out? He was my first good friend on the team. Despite everyone knowing my name and who I was, The Super Kaká himself from AC MIlan, Dane and I clicked like two peas in a pod. 

Not that the other players were great too, infact they all welcomed me with great smiles and warmth and I really appreciate it too.

Then there was Caroline.

Though she wasn't telling me blankly that she had no obligations in having Naomi living with us, I knew she wasn't comfortable. But that's who the person I admire in Caroline. The one who wouldn't make others lives inconvenient to secure her happiness. She cares alot about others more than herself.

We were childhood best friends, we knew everything about each other. She was almost like a different version of myself. It would only make sense if we were to get married. My father and her father were great friends, and they requested for us to get married. And I really have nothing against that. We are perfect for one another, and I've loved her from the moment we met.

But, now I'm just really not sure if I see her more than a best friend. I don't know where my sudden doubt in love for Caroline has come from, but I really should get rid of it as soon as possible. Is it Naomi? It can't be. She wouldn't do anything to jeapordize my relationship with Caroline. She's an understanding young woman and very mature for her age too. 

Yesterday night, when I saw her wearing that dress, I thought she just looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't say yet I wanted to. But every time I tried to, my mind was fighting against me to not say a word because instant flashes of Carolines face occupied my mind. I had never felt so guilty to speak in my life. Maybe it's nothing. I could be over-thinking all this, and I really shouldn't.

"Ric?", I hear Dane's voice approach my side. "You seem abit worried."

We begin to jog alongside and I try to find the words to tell Dane about moving out.

"I needed to talk to you for a bit."

"Yeah sure, what is it?", Dane said between paced breathing.

"Maybe after training?", I request.

Dane nods, "Yeah, sure. That's fine by me."

We finish up with one last lap, racing back to the changing rooms once we were done. Me reaching there first ofcourse.

°

°

°

After having a refreshing shower in the changing room, I assembled all my dirty training kit into a plastic bag to separate it from my other belongings. I'm not like the other players who shove all their dirty clothes into the same bag. I was even voted The Neat Freak by the team during an interview.

Sergio and Pepe decided to have a mini dance party, showing off moves to an unfamiliar upbeat Portuguese song.

"Nossa, Nossa. Assim você me mataAi se eu te pego, ai ai se eu te pego."

They began singing and dancing , as the other team mates clapped along. Never was familiar with all these pop-songs. I always listened to Gospel, ever since I was a kid. That's when I had so much interest and love in God, I dedicated most of my life in religious upbringing.

"Alright, I'll see you guys next week.", I say to the guys before leaving.

"See you, Ric."

"Later."

I walked towards the lobby, seeing Dane there talking on his phone. He waved his hand around while talking, almost looking frustrated in the conversation he was having over the phone.

"You're not staying at some guys place, Naomi."

"I don't care whose brother he is, you're my sister and you'll be living with me.", Dane gritted, a protective tone to his voice. He sighed before gripping the bridge of his nose between his fingers.

"Fine... I said fine!..No I won't say it.....Okay! I love you too, idiot. I'll see you in the morning", he ended the call.

Dane put his phone in his pocket, shaking his head while he was at it. "I swear, if she was a boy I would've grabbed her by the collar, dragged her home and gave her an earful. But no, she just had to be a girl and I had to be soft on her."

I chuckle, "Why? What happened?"

"Naomi," he says plainly. "She's moving in with Enrico."

My mind went into a sudden halt.

WHAT?!

°

°

°

a/n: really short, but I just had to make a quick P.O.V of how Kaká feels. Very minimal, but that's the whole point. I dont want to say too much of what he thinks about everything but yeah.