[Chapter 2]

Next morning I took a long warm shower before preparing breakfast for Dane and Ricardo. After getting a great amount of sleep, I managed to suppress my jet lag and I felt great after waking up. 

I heard sudden footsteps approaching from the hallway. Assuming it was Dane I said,

"Good morning, sleepyhead. You really haven't changed, huh?"

I put the pan in the sink before turning around to see NOT Dane but a messy haired Ricardo in a white long sleeved jumper and sweatpants covering his long legs. I swallowed a random nerve in my throat which was stopping me from talking,

"Oh, sorry I- I thought you were Dane." 

Ricardo smiled lazily. "It's okay." His tall figure approached the counter separating us, he looked down at the food I was preparing, gaining an evident grin. "Yum! O que você está fazendo?"

"Sorry?", I asked, completely clueless.

Ricardo closed his eyes in realization. "Sorry, I meant uh- What are you making?" he chuckled lightly, and I found it very contagious. 

"Oh, okay. I'm just making omelette for breakfast.", I handed over one of the plates to him. 

"You made breakfast for us?"

"Ofcourse, it's the least I can do."

His true brazilian brown eyes looked into my hazel ones, and for a split second I felt my stomach flip. "Obrigado.", he said simply. I blinked in confusion. "It means; thank you.", he explained, with a smile. 

I returned a smile, wanting to look away. But Ricardos brown eyes were still looking into mine with an expression I couldn't quite pick out. I found myself not being able to look away.  I felt almost safe and at peace. Such a strange thing to say even though I just met him but he is so mesmerizing to look at. His features are so exotic and handsome, I'm almost finding it hard to believe he's standing in front of me.

 He looked like he wanted to say something when,

"Something smells delicous," Danes voice brought our attention to reality. He approaches us from the hallway, his hair sticking in every direction. His eyes immediately dart down at the food, an ear-to-ear smile morphing his lips. "Aw, sis! You made breakfast?"

"Yup," I hand over his plate. "Your favorite."

Dane doesn't say a word, instead he walks behind the counter, where I was standing, giving me a side hug. He pulls me closer towards his taller frame.

"Thank you, Naomi!"

I roll my eyes at how dramatic he's being but unable to drop the smile off my face when I see Ricardo smiling intently.

• • • •

After our breakfast, Ricardo informed us that his girlfriend, Caroline invited us to an evening party which was taking place in an expensive bar in town. Her family comes from the rich side of Brazil so throwing parties like this were often common by the sound of it. They all came down here to support  him.

"Is the team coming?", I hear Dane ask Ricardo in the lounge as I clean up in the kitchen.

"Only a few. I think the others are having other plans for tonight."

"Are you planning on popping the question?", Dane asks. I immediately stop what I'm doing, feeling slightly uneasy as I continue to listen.

" Huh?"

I chuckle at Ricardo's reaction.

"Popping the question? You know, ask her to marry you?"

Ricardo awes in realization before chuckling. "Oh, very soon. But not tonight because I'll be asking her when we're alone."