[Chapter 8]

a/n: pic of Mr & Mrs Chambers on the media tab

°

°

°

"Mum?" "Dad?"

I could not believe what my eyes were currently looking at. My mind was clouded with mixed emotions. I was feeling shocked, overwhelmed, sad, anxious. It was like a reality bullet shot right through me.

Both my parents standing a few feet ahead of us, in front of-- Enrico's car?! What were they doing in his car?! Enrico finally steps out of his car, looking anxious and I can't help but wonder how my parents ended up in his car in the first place.

There was a tense seconds of silence. No one barked a word, no one even moved an inch from their position. I was soiled to the grass beneath me, not even taking a step to embrace them. They never liked affection anyway.

I could feel the stern gaze of my father eyes beeming towards us. My mother has her arms crossed in utter disappointment, she was not impressed at all.

I finally gained the strength to talk. I coughed awkwardly before speaking, "Mum? Dad? Wh-when did you guys get h-here?"

"Before we ran into the both of you quarreling with one another like young children.", My father said. As he switched his gaze between Dane and I, I couldn't help but look down to the ground. "What is this? I expected much more from you ,Naomi."

My mother clicks her tounge. "Look at the scene you two have created and over what? A suitcase?."

My parents began to lecture us. Mostly about me running away.

I turned to see Dane fuming in anger, but I could see the hint of water threatening to flood over his dark brown eyes. His jaw clenched as if to say something but was holding back.

I heard the cracking of knuckles. Looking down, I saw the tight clenching of Danes hand. Gasping in shock, I quickly put my hand over his arm. He didn't say anything, but just watched as our parents continued to preach their words.

"I can explain everything later, but can we please just please do this inside at least?", I ask helplessly.

°

°

°

We were all sitting in the lounge quietly. It was only Dane, my parents and I. I sat there with my hands clasped together, masking away the sweatiness of it. I was nervous. Even worse ,mortified.

I told Enrico to give us a few minutes so he went to his room before saying 'Sorry.' Ricardo and Caroline left together since I wouldn't want them to feel tensed in this environment.

Now, we were just sitting here. I was feeling somehow feeling very guilty and I didn't know why. But deep down I just knew the answer 

Dane wasn't even making eye contact with them, he just blankly looked out the window not saying a word. I cant imagine what he must be going though and its all my fault.

"So? Dane, how has life been treating you so far?", my mother breaks the silence. "I heard from you've finally persuade your one goal in life. Tell me about it son-"

"Don't.", Dane interrupts and my heart paces. My mother just stares at her son is while my father just plainly looks at Dane.

"Dane...atleast them talk.", I whisper.

Dane turns to me, rage evident in eyes. He then turns towards my parents. "No Naomi, do you think they let me at least talk five years ago? We wouldn't have been in this situation if Mr & Mrs Chambers over here wouldn't have been so ignorant."

"Watch your tongue young man. Maybe if you would've stayed longer with us we could've taught you some manners."

"If you even had time for me then sure you could've. But it was always about your business, your business parties, work, work, work! I was sick of it!" , Dane raises his voice. "Both of you were just so tripped up in your reputation that you didn't even realise that Naomi flew halfway across the world by herself."

"So you're blaming us?", my mother asks.

Dane shrugs coldly. "I don't think anyone else is here to blame for."

My parents look at each other for a split second. I close my eyes, gripping my scalp to tend to the headache building up. This is happening too quickly. I knew at some point we would reach to this stage but I thought I would be ready.

"I think we should leave.", My mother says. I hear them shifting to stand up. "It was nice meeting you son. It's been too long since you last spared us words. Now, I just think you're very angry right now. We'll all talk another day."

My attention is caught by this. "Wait, you're not staying? Are you going back?"

"I think its best if the both us give you two some space." My mother spares a glance towards my father who just looks away. Her face soon sinks and I wonder what is going on? Are they hiding something from us? "We have a lot of time on our hands."

Dane scoffs at this. "Where was this time along time ago."

I ignore Dane. Instead, I feel the need to keep them close to us. I actually don't want them to leave. "Don't go. At least not today."

My mother paints a sad smile on her face. She approaches me, laying a hand over my cheek. "We must, Naomi."

I held my mothers hand, tightly not wanting her to take it away. It was rare to have been touched by my mother.

"No, you don't have to. At least book a hotel close by. I'm sure we can resolve this all somehow... We just need some time."

My mother looks as if she's in the brink of tears and it is rubbing off on me too. She keeps looking back at my father who just sighs before walking out the door.

"Are you sure ,Naomi?"

"I'm sure, mom."

"I'll try to convince your father. But please, don't let me lose sight of you ever again."

I smile before embracing my mother.

"I promise."

°

°

°

a/n: just a glimpse on the relationship with their parents. Hope it didn't bore you x