𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝? 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝? 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞. 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐬. 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐝.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      "ARE YOU SURE this spell is safe?" Lina frowned as she watched Douxie scrolling through the illuminated runes on his bracelet, a focused look on his face that made him look rather adorable. The witch had her arms crossed as she stood at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the stained glass window. Her lover was positioned in the center of the workshop, still searching for whatever enchantment he wanted to practice. Archie was sitting on one of the crowded tables near Horus, picking away at what seemed to be roasted salmon while Horus pecked at a watermelon slice.

      The apprentices had been practicing new spells and hexes for at least two hours already and not even thunder rumbling from a summer storm could break their concentration. Out of all the newer spells Lina had learned under Merlin's watchful eye, her favorite one so far allowed her to harness fire before unleashing it through a single strike towards her enemies. She loved how powerful it was, but she wasn't able to test the same spell out using her new tattoo. The tattoo Douxie helped out with served as her most powerful amplifier to date, only exciting her with the endless possibilities she had at hand.

      "Positive. I tried this spell with one of the little gnomes last night and it worked out...somewhat. They bit my finger once I set them free," Douxie answered, his tone more glum upon recalling his dispute. The mention almost made Lina laugh, but she didn't.

      "All I'm saying is that trapping anyone or anything bigger than a small gnome takes a lot more practice. What if they end up getting out? What will you do then?"

      The question seemed to stun the boy, rendering him silent and pausing his bracelet rolls from spinning. He shrugged a moment later. "Well...it's only practice. Besides, it's not like we'll have to fight Gumm Gumms or evil spellcasters..." When he finally found the charm he was looking for, his face lit up like a flame flickering on a candle. He hurried near the stairs leading to the small library to the right of where Lina stood. "I've got it! Alright, you know what to do, right?" He looked back at Lina, her face holding a somewhat worried facial expression.

      "This isn't going to hurt, right?"

      "Not at all! Just pretend like you're walking around normally and I'll handle the rest, trust me." Douxie responded, his palm now glowing blue with his magic. Sighing, Lina followed through with this practice plan. She began to aimlessly walk away from the stairs and towards the center of the room where her lover previously was. When she performed a small spin and attempted to keep on with her task, she felt something hit her back. Before she could properly react, she felt herself lift into the air and she saw a blue sphere trapping her.