𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

❝𝐚𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫?❞

[set during season 3]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

       "I COULD HAVE sworn I heard a Gumm-Gumm running through the streets last night," Lina said as she waved her hand at the small fridge, the door opening as a gallon of milk floated out of it. She twirled her index finger, allowing the cap of the gallon to twist off and pour into her small mug full of instant hot cocoa powder. She had followed this morning routine so many times that she didn't even need to really pay attention to what she needed to do.

       She yawned as her magic continued on, allowing her to pull her hair back into a ponytail before the milk gallon was set against the kitchenette counter. She glanced at the small dinosaur clock in the corner, its red numbers reading nine in the morning. She found the clock rather cute, seeing as it was a gift from her co-worker's little sister. The witch was just thankful that today was a day off from the diner, but the summer rush would start soon. The diner would be full of different people telling different stories, and the witch had to admit that she liked hearing some of them.

       One of her favorite regulars was an old woman who always had stories to tell, especially about her grandson. There was one time where the woman mentioned being a spy from World War One, and the witch was unsure if that was even true. Nancy Domzalski was the woman's name, and the witch was always thankful for the little storytime she was given upon every visit.

       Two Hex Tech employees were also part of the regulars who frequently came to the diner for lunch. Lina knew them well. Zoe had been the one to help her with replacing a certain phone within the bookstore after accidentally slamming it into the receiver too many times. Her girlfriend, a bright hedge witch named Ahn Yuna, was known in Arcadia as Golden for her perfect skills. Lina didn't know what those skills were exactly, but she still feigned pride for the girl.

       "A Gumm Gumm running through the streets? The only place they exist in is the Darklands. They couldn't have broken into our world," Douxie's voice came through from the wall in front of the kitchenette, his music lowering so he could be heard. Lina had taken note that he was able to listen to at least one mini album by Papa Skull the entire time he was in the bathroom, but her thoughts faded once she sipped her hot cocoa. A small smile formed on her face after drinking it, yet the conversation still made her curious.

       There was no way Arcadia could be dealing with Gumm Gumms. They only resided in the Darklands after Deya the Deliverer sealed them away with the amulet. No magic, not even Merlin's, was strong enough to break the bridge between worlds. Only a fool would set Gunmar and his army free.