𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤

❝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭...𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

       "FIRE RUNES ARE some of the hardest ones to truly understand. Even tracing out the smallest imperfection can have a devastating consequence so you must pay close attention, little flower," Morgana le Fay spoke as she pulled a book from one of her shelves and allowed her magic to carry it over to Lina. The apprentice sat on a cushion near the fireplace and caught the book, opening it to the runes mentioned from earlier. Her finger hovered over the sketches, her skin barely grazing over it as she tried to burn it into her memory.

       And yet the only thing running through her mind was how she acted towards Douxie the day before her current lessons.

       After Archie had told her about how Douxie simply wanted to invite her for a stargazing session before she called him irritating, it was one of the only things she could think about during the days that followed afterwards. She had cut him off, called him irritating, and practically stormed away, even when he was a bit annoying. Her words came out faster than she could comprehend and as a result, she said something she ended up regretting deeply.

       "Lina, can you repeat what I just told you about the fire runes?" Morgana's voice broke through her thoughts and she nearly jumped in surprise. The younger witch attempted to remember everything else the royal had told her, assuming that she had spoken more about the runes when the apprentice wasn't paying attention. In the end, Lina failed to, and she earned a small hmph from the royal.

       "Sorry. I'll pay attention better, my lady." She apologized, sighing. She shouldn't become so focused on an interaction like that. She had to make amends sooner or later, seeing as she was almost always around Douxie. It was hard to avoid someone she worked with as an apprentice.

       "What is on your mind, little flower? You seem distracted lately," Morgana asked after a moment of silence. The apprentice saw the older witch walk towards her, her hands folded on top of each other as a calm, yet slightly concerned expression graced her face.

       The apprentice frowned, shaking her head. "It's nothing."

       "It's dangerous for a spellcaster's mind to be clouded," The royal continued and the apprentice looked up at her. "Perhaps talking about it will improve your performance."

       The apprentice hesitated. If she told Morgana why she was so distracted, the woman would have laughed over such a foolish interaction...yet she also knew that the woman's room was a safe space for magic. Would she understand?