1st chapter: babysitting?

giselle could hardly believe the fact itself. the fact that she was actually somebody's girlfriend. this meant every single book or romance movie characteristic she's ever seen could finally apply to her, the holding hands down the school hallway (well not exactly true, since rodrick and her went to different schools) but having dates in cute places and just having someone to call your own. all those could apply to her and she could hardly believe it.

rodrick heffley was her boyfriend and the past few months they've been together has been the most blissful time in giselle's life.

she didn't know how to describe it herself, she just felt safe and comfortable and that's all she's ever needed.

she smiled to herself thinking about rodrick's face and the goofy grin he always wore whenever he saw her. the way he'd wrap his arms around her waist while pulling her in close for an embrace, because he felt closer to her that way. she was unbelievably smitten and she didn't want to ever stop being smitten with rodrick heffley.

"hello! giselle!" the shrivel voice of young chirag gupta put giselle back in her place and away from her thoughts.

she'd been too busy thinking about her boyfriend, she didn't even realise she was currently babysitting. well, kidsitting? pre-teen sitting? she had no idea how to call it.

"sorry chirag," she spoke up, "i was just thinking of ...school."

the boy looked at her like she was crazy. "it's summer."

"doesn't mean school gets off my mind." giselle shrugged, standing up from the couch and heading towards the kitchen. "do you want anything for dinner?"

chirag rolled his eyes and lifted up the bowl of food in his hands. "for your information, i took matters into my own hands." he sassed. " you'd been staring at the wall thinking to yourself for so long, i almost died of starvation."

giselle's mouth dropped open in surprise, but chirag just ignored her and walked back into his room. "damn," she murmured.

giselle had taken on babysitting jobs for the summer to earn some extra cash. her mother wasn't keen on giving her a decent allowance and wanted her to learn the value of real work, however giselle knew she had other motives. this was her mother's way of making sure she barely saw rodrick. it's not that her mother didn't approve, she was just being her protective filipino mother self. plus, giselle didn't actually tell her they were officially together or else she'd freak out. she thinks rodrick just has some weird puppy love crush on her daughter.

and giselle would like to keep it that way or else her mother would never let her see the light of day.

she sighed about to sit back down on the couch, until she heard taps from the window of the gupta's living room. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she followed where the sound was coming from. she moved the curtains aside and her eyes lit up at the sight of rodrick standing by the gupta's front lawn.

he was wearing a black ac/dc tee and black jeans while his hair remained in its usual messy state. he looked pretty happy as he waved at her excitedly and ran up towards the window. 

giselle opened it up and popped her head out to see him closer. "what the hell are you doing here?" she asked, feeling her smile start to hurt.

rodrick grinned, leaning his hands on the windowsill. "what do you mean? i haven't seen you all weekend." he pointed out. "i missed your face."

giselle blushed, shaking her head. "so you come see me at the gupta's?"

he shrugged, "well yeah! i know your mom had some family plans for you guys this weekend and we couldn't exactly meet up."

"yeah, sorry about that."

"it's not your fault, i know how your mom's like." he chuckled, "plus i'm happy seeing you even just for a few minutes."

she smiled, as rodrick leaned in and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. "you sure know how to make a girl happy."

he winked at her, putting up his finger guns. "and that's how i intend to do it."

"giselle! i want some water please!" chirag yelled from his room. "my room is too far to walk! and you owe me after starving me all evening!

giselle rolled her eyes in defeat, knowing she'd have to continue working. "duty calls." she chuckled.

"god i would hate this job." rodrick grinned, planting a quick peck on her lips. "okay, go do your thing. i'll text you! and keep an eye out for my song recommendations!" he exclaimed, running back to the loaded diper van.

"will do."

"i miss you!" he yelled out, as he got into the van and began to drive away.

she missed him more.

••••••••••••••••••
HEY GUYS!!!

first chapter is out and i'm soooo happy!!!
i really hope this goes well and i do the previous book some justice :)

how are you all doing?