prologue

AIAH
--------------

The sky was peaceful as the stars above us shone brightly, the cold breeze of night followed by the music of the dancing trees is a beautiful sight.

The glamorous and shining chandeliers attached on the the gazebo near the beach where we at.

The sound of waves and melodic rhythm of the piano that played in the background.

The water that hitting the shore as the night starts to go deep like the ocean.

Her glistening and emotional eyes stared at me like I was the most fragile person on earth.

Ang maitim at maalon niyang buhok ay nakasunod sa bawat pag ihip ng hangin.

The simple blue polo and casual white shorts made her the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

Naglakad siya palapit sa akin hawak ang bugkos ng bulaklak na buwan buwan kong natatanggap mula sa kanya.

Nanatili akong nakatayo at tiyak sa sarili ang susunod na hakbang na kanyang gagawin.

Hindi ko kayang saksihan, ngunit kailangan.

I watched how she bent her knees in front of me— a genuine yet emotional smile was plastered on her face—making the crowd of our friends squeals.

Ang mga tao sa paligid ay patuloy sa pag galaw ngunit napako ako at tanging ang paghampas lamang ng mga alon ang naririnig kahit batid ko ang kasiyahan sa kanilang mga tinig.

Hindi ako makagalaw pero nanatili sa kanya ang paningin ko bagkus ang mga tuhod ay gusto na ring sumuko.

She looked at my eyes and I was stiffened in  my place as the tears that pooling at the side of my eyes started to brim when I saw how she pulled out a white small box from her pocket.

Huwag mo akong tignan ng ganyan, pakiusap

Ang mga mata niya ay nasa akin ang tuon, nanghina ako dahil hindi ko kayang saksihan ang tiyak na dulo sapagkat alam kong magbabago ang paraan ng pagtingin niya sa akin pagkatapos ng gabing ito.

Pigil ang luha kong tumitig sa kanya at nasaksihan ang malamyos na ngiti na nakaukit sa kanyang mga labi.

"Maraiah Queen, my babi — You are the happiest moment that happen in my life, you are there for me and stood as a light on my darkest times. We've been together for so long and I know, you are the one I want to spend my whole life with"

"My Aiah, will you marry me?" She said full of sincerity, her smile is not leaving her face.

Apat na taon ko itong hinintay pero bakit ngayon na nandito na, hindi na maaari pa?

—Our friends went loud as they heard what Mikha had said and started screaming the word I want to say.

Yes

Yet I chose to not, God knows how I want to be with her for the rest of my life.

I want to say what my heart wanted to say, but still I did what they want me to say, even I know it will hurt the both of us.

Mikha was looking at me— with eyes full of sincerity, waiting for my answer.

"N-no..." I said head hanging low, preventing my tears from falling down, making our friends drown in silence, She slowly stood up from her bended  knee with a smile on her face.